UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

That's not Chris Duke or any of the other two organisers is it? The guy on the far right is Bravehart I think, the Scottish shitarse who runs SWE in Dundee.

Duke is involved with SWE, or at least was. Those shirts were never officially sold at any of the events. So he is definitely involved in the photo's creation.
He definitely is on good terms with the guys in the pic yeah. He even had a match in SWE I believe but the other two guys have pretty much disowned him from what I understand. Both are still involved with ICW and one of them is training in the GPWA which shares the same building as ICWs office. Edited by MungoChutney

A long shot, but I remember a couple of years ago someone on here posting a PPV card they created with only wrestlers who had passed away. Does anyone remember this? Can anyone remember the card?

I did that one way back in 2007. Got a nice little discussion going. Don't know if it's still available anywhere though.

From the 10 matches at SummerSlam 1990, 12 of the wrestlers involved are now deceased. I remember that being discussed as one of the highest number of participants no longer with us from recent times.

(I realise I'm calling a 25.5 year old event "recent times". It still feels like it to me).  :(

• Paid Members

Wrestlemania 6 just edges it with 13, with a couple of matches where they're all dead.

Dusty & Sapphire with Liz in their corner vs Savage & Sherri. All dead. That's just bummed me out massively.

• Moderators

I assume it comes from American Football, where the quarterback will see the shift of a the defense and so audibly call a new play on the fly to his offence. So, yeah. Essentially a change on the fly due to other factors. The crowd, an injury or whatnot.

Wrestlemania 6 just edges it with 13, with a couple of matches where they're all dead.

I have just found 13 in the same MATCH, from 7 and a half years later:

WCW World War 3 in November 1997.

60 Man Three Ring Battle Royal

Included:

Chris Adams, Brad Armstrong, Chris Benoit, Hector Garza, Johnny Grunge, Eddie Guerrero, Curt Hennig, Mortis, The Renegade, Rocco Rock, Randy Savage, Louie Spicolli, Ray Traylor.

I wonder what the highest would be from this century?

With names like Crash Holly, Viscera, Test, Benoit, Guerrero, Jamal/Umaga, Cade, Bossman, etc. there could be a fair few on a WWE ppv.

What are the most notable audibles that have been called in wrestling? The only one I can think of is Bischoff going to the ring and telling Sting to cover Jeff Hardy when he was off his head. Even incidents like Austin breaking his neck and H blowing his quad out ended with the planned guy winning.

It's such a rarety I'm surprised there is an established term for it.