UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members

Have you tried eBay to see what similar items have sold for recently?

Not recently but will do, I got advised to try and get them valued and did a search but nothing really came up so thought I would ask on here

Thanks

• Paid Members

What was the deal with that mental period when Sky was blocking out punches, heads into the turnbuckles, hard body slams (by going to crowd shots all the time), etc? It was around the time of Survivor Series 1996. Really made me hate watching it for a few weeks, which is all it lasted for.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

• Paid Members

What was the deal with that mental period when Sky was blocking out punches, heads into the turnbuckles, hard body slams (by going to crowd shots all the time), etc? It was around the time of Survivor Series 1996. Really made me hate watching it for a few weeks, which is all it lasted for.

They were censoring stuff for ages. Friday teatime Raws would cut to wide shots when Mankind did the Mandible Claw from virtually Mankind's debut, presumably because they didn't want kids copying and sticking fingers in each others' mouths. Which is utterly mental considering they'd show stuff like the Tombstone. I know which one I'd rather little Timmy try on his mates in the playground.

Edited by air_raid

That's why it moved to the 10pm slot from September' 96 after complaints about the random edits. bAz must've been watching the highlights on Livewire or something because Raw was moved to a later slot before Survivor Series. Once Raw had moved to 10pm it was never repeated before the watershed.

Edited by The Clint

• Paid Members

When did WWE first start using the 'diva' name for the women?

First I remember of the term was from around 2000 when they released the VHS tapes like Divas Postcard from the Caribbean and such.

Wiki says "Sable became the first WWF female talent to refer to herself as a "Diva" during the April 19 episode of Raw Is War in 1999; the term shortly thereafter became the official title for WWF's female performers."

Edited by tiger_rick

• Paid Members

After around about WrestleMania XX, I don't think I watched another WrestleMania until around 27. In the spirit of getting myself HYPE for the upcoming show, I'd be interested in match (not full show) recommendations from that time period that I absolutely must see. Thanks.

• Paid Members

After around about WrestleMania XX, I don't think I watched another WrestleMania until around 27. In the spirit of getting myself HYPE for the upcoming show, I'd be interested in match (not full show) recommendations from that time period that I absolutely must see. Thanks.

Shawn vs Angle and Taker vs Orton from 21.

Cena vs HHH and Edge vs Foley from 22.

Batista vs Taker and Cena vs HHH from 23.

Edge vs Taker from 24 and some will tell you Shawn vs Flair, but I thought it was sloppy and predictable.

Taker vs Shawn from 25.

Taker vs Shawn from 26 and if memory serves, Batista vs Cena was decent.

Fucked if anything else stands out as truly memorable to be honest. 26 should have been so much better but Edge/Jericho didnt shine and Punk/Rey were screwed for time.