UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members

No it happened, that match didn't though. For some reason they just photoshoped the Summerslam background to Backlund giving Brooklyn Brawler an armbar at a yank tv taping. Backlund appearing at Summerslam was as real as that empty chair Hogan saw.

Edited by WWFChilli

• Paid Members

Also, why wasn't Tito doing the El Matador gimmick on those shows?

I'm guessing because the gimmick didn't debut in-ring on TV (Stateside) until the 26/10/91 Superstars so they didn't want to show Europe something that the domestic audience hadn't seen. Or maybe his music wasn't done yet. Or they couldn't be bothered trying to get the cape through customs.

Just checked on Cawthorn's site. Warrior pinned Undertaker a few times, most of them were DQ finishes though.

I couldn't see anything on there that said he'd pinned him, I don't know if I just missed it. Some would say DQ, some just said Ultimate Warrior beat Undertaker or Ultimate Warrior vs Undertaker. It seems like they'd have done the same finish every night, although Warrior did beat him in bodybag and coffin matches so a pin isn't out of the question.

It seems mad to me that they'd have Taker beaten by Tito when Tito didn't even really exist anymore. Although El Matador was still him, wasn't it? It wasn't like Saba Simba and Repo Man. Another thing that baffles me is how the El Matador Hasbro, which came out in about 1993, had a photo of old Tito on the box. How did that happen?

il_570xN.738140693_g4fz.jpg

Edit: Hogan beat Undertaker in July 1991 http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3crc3_undertaker-vs-hulk-hogan_news

Edited by King Pitcos