UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members

Do they? They talk about the Dudley Boys being "9 time WWE tag team champions" when they only held the SmackDown tag belts once. Or is this on the website title history or something?

• Paid Members

Well, those old title histories are probably chock full of people they want to pretend never existed, so maybe it's best they start their lineage with the Benoit belts.

Yeah I suppose, just seemed odd, another question while I'm on here, how far in advance did WWE plan the brand extension? Seems daft they unified the World titles in December when they must've known spreading one champion across two seperate brands starting in April wouldn't work

Yeah I suppose, just seemed odd, another question while I'm on here, how far in advance did WWE plan the brand extension? Seems daft they unified the World titles in December when they must've known spreading one champion across two seperate brands starting in April wouldn't work

I thought the one champ thing worked fine. Was the online opinion at the time that it wasn't sustainable? I can't remember.

I wasn't online at the time so not sure, I think the problem was that unless the no.1 contender was on both shows as well as the champion you either had the champion doing nothing on one of the shows every week or have him feuding with the no.1 contender on one show and having a mini feud on the other, neither was really ideal

• Paid Members

I think that was the idea. The champion would have different challengers on each brand. They'd sometimes cross over but generally he'd turn up on both shows and face whatever the GM of that show chucked at him.

I dunno when the brand split began to be planned but they'd had the idea to do WCW and WWF shows a year earlier so it must have been in discussion.

It definitely seems like the decision to have a "World" champ on each show was the one they made on the fly. They didn't have a better idea than to hand HHH a belt.

• Paid Members

Well, those old title histories are probably chock full of people they want to pretend never existed, so maybe it's best they start their lineage with the Benoit belts.

Best to start the title lineage with a double murderer…?

Kevin Sullivan?

I think that was the idea. The champion would have different challengers on each brand. They'd sometimes cross over but generally he'd turn up on both shows and face whatever the GM of that show chucked at him.

I dunno when the brand split began to be planned but they'd had the idea to do WCW and WWF shows a year earlier so it must have been in discussion.

It definitely seems like the decision to have a "World" champ on each show was the one they made on the fly. They didn't have a better idea than to hand HHH a belt.

That's fair enough but then who do they face at the monthly PPV? I can't remember any good feuds during the (admittedly short) time they had the champ on both shows, in fact weirdly the only thing I remember is Hogan destroying Undertaker's bike during their title feud

Best to start the title lineage with a double murderer…?

Kevin Sullivan?

I'm aware that's a joke but its reminded me of those videos on Youtube where some knobhead points to all the clues that Kevin Sullivan was the murderer, I know some people have thick skin and Sullivan could probably care less what some sad twat on the internet thinks but I'd be suing him for fun it I was him

• Paid Members

That's fair enough but then who do they face at the monthly PPV? I can't remember any good feuds during the (admittedly short) time they had the champ on both shows, in fact weirdly the only thing I remember is Hogan destroying Undertaker's bike during their title feud

I always thought the idea behind it was that you'd alternate so you had longer to build each respective title match. 8 weeks instead of 4 weeks. Effectively what they tried to do with the single brand PPVs.

• Paid Members

Shawn Michaels bled from a chairshot in the brilliant angle to start the 2003 Rumble. Then Jericho got a horrible bloody bump on his head from a singapore cane later in the match. Has anyone else bled in the Rumble? I'm struggling to think of any.