Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The lady and I are going to a wedding reception at the end of the month and I've got no idea what to wear to it.

Do I go smart casual and wear jeans or chinos with a nice shirt and jacket? Or do I go a bit smarter and Wear trousers, shirt and blazer?

The lady and I are going to a wedding reception at the end of the month and I've got no idea what to wear to it.

Do I go smart casual and wear jeans or chinos with a nice shirt and jacket? Or do I go a bit smarter and Wear trousers, shirt and blazer?

Smart casual, just like you would on a night out if you were slightly dressing up. No more formal than nice shirt, chinos, jacket etc.

Can anyone recommend a free programme that allows me to copy a MP4 file from my PC to a DVD?

There's also the latest version of DVDstyler. Install it via custom install though as it now tries to include bloatware. In settings just go with the default one and check if the mp4 is pal or NTSC otherwise the audio and or video will go out of sync if you choose an option that doesn't match. It's also easy to use and you can create an ISO which can then be saved to recordable disc. Think it makes VideoCDs too.

• Paid Members

I bought a pack of Lidl pre-cooked muscles in white wine which I had last night (after warming through as suggested) and have had a pretty unpleasant bout of food poisoning overnight. Barfing up cream, wine and stuff that smells of fish-sticks is one of the less pleasant experiences of my life.

What do I do to complain? I have the receipt, box etc. But I'm guessing I'm slightly limited as I'm not bringing in a tuppaware box full of my own vomit. At the least they should probably be made aware of the issue in case it's a whole batch thing. They were already cooked for a start.

• Moderators

Smart casual, just like you would on a night out if you were slightly dressing up. No more formal than nice shirt, chinos, jacket etc.

What will other people be wearing? If you don't know, then wear a suit. Better to be overdressed than underdressed.

• Paid Members

I bought a pack of Lidl pre-cooked muscles in white wine which I had last night (after warming through as suggested) and have had a pretty unpleasant bout of food poisoning overnight. Barfing up cream, wine and stuff that smells of fish-sticks is one of the less pleasant experiences of my life.

What do I do to complain? I have the receipt, box etc. But I'm guessing I'm slightly limited as I'm not bringing in a tuppaware box full of my own vomit. At the least they should probably be made aware of the issue in case it's a whole batch thing. They were already cooked for a start.

That sucks. I have no advice to offer. Just popping in to say those are usually nice and food poisoning free.

• Awards Moderator

This is more a question for WHAT PLAY YOU but I'm far too casual a gamer to dare head in there. Do big blockbuster films still get (usually rubbish but sometimes quite good) game tie ins? Or is that kind of game firmly Lego's domain now? Fond memories of playing Lion King and Aladdin on SNES, Phantom Menace on PS1, and various Harry Potter games on PS2.

• Awards Moderator

This is more a question for WHAT PLAY YOU but I'm far too casual a gamer to dare head in there. Do big blockbuster films still get (usually rubbish but sometimes quite good) game tie ins? Or is that kind of game firmly Lego's domain now? Fond memories of playing Lion King and Aladdin on SNES, Phantom Menace on PS1, and various Harry Potter games on PS2.

No, not really. A-list titles now have longer development times than most blockbuster films! You're more likely to get some shite mobile game instead.

Gus Mears dies from food poisoning

Simple one, but start on their Twitter. You'll get the info you need very quickly.

With amazon video can you download your purchases to watch offline? Can you store in a random hard drive to watch or can you only watch through the app? If the latter is there any service that does just give you a file you can pretty much just use anywhere? I'm pretty clueless with these things.

Archived