Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Have you ever tried cold water extraction, Spurs? It's an incredibly straight forward to get all of the paracetamol out of your co-codamol. Codeine is lovely stuff and the body can take a fair amount of it but the other stuff will fuck you up if you're not careful. I was dosing a minimum of 240mg at a time of codeine and dread to think what that would have done had I taken it with the 500mg of paracetamol per tablet co-codamol that I was using.

• Paid Members

I tried it once years ago and seemed to fuck it up. I'll look into it again. Although I might just try kicking the habit first!

UPDATE: After taking Paramol yesterday to feed my codeine habit until the weekend, I felt ill. Worried that my liver was about to fall out on top of a suspected stomach ulcer (although I have to say my stomach feels way better today after a day off the ibuprofen!) I decided to move my kicking the habit time table up. I'm sitting in work in the midst of withdrawal and shitting far too much.

• Paid Members

Anyone got any advice on getting things going with promoting products online? I'm regularly uploading to my Redbubble shop, with lots of random designs, but I have no idea how to go about driving traffic. It's a varied collection of out-of-copyright exploitation movie material, and some text designs of whatever pops into my head. 

• Paid Members

You can embed links to your shop on a blog. Why not start up a blog on Wordpress that auto-posts to social media accounts and just automate it all. Line up a post a day with a link to a different product.

I have designs on Redbubble too and at the moment I'm doing 1-2 sales per day (a lot of stickers so I'm not looking to retire any time soon) without any kind of promo. All the designs are either Walking Dead or Band of Brothers inspired. I only did them quick at the beginning of the year to see how they went but they're so popular I need to stick some more on.

Here's my page: http://www.redbubble.com/people/engyles

• Paid Members

The fact that you haven't even linked to it in a post asking how you can drive traffic to your shop is wonderful.

That's the kind of advice I need!

http://www.redbubble.com/people/attractivedecoy

I've barely sold a thing, although I wasn't taking it at all seriously till recently. I'm not really taking it very seriously now, I'm just slapping words on a t-shirt and wondering if it will sell. The Jeb is a Mess one has outsold everything else by about $80 to zero.

• Paid Members

Set up a Twitter and a Facebook. It'll be grim until you start getting likes but just keep it populated with info.

Look for Twitter accounts that will have interest in your stuff and tweet the shit out of them, looking for retweets. Your stuff would easily be picked up by accounts like vivaVHS and other accounts with a love for older artwork. They already have a built audience that will appreciate your stuff. Start following them. Leeching off other people's followers lists is more than acceptable.

• Paid Members

Has anyone here had much experience of scam emails? I've just received an email from 'Shopping Company' saying "Thank you for shopping with us". It then goes on to tell me that I've ordered an Iphone 6 for $642. It finishes by saying I should click on a link if I believe the order to be wrong. Like fuck am I clicking it! I've forwarded the email to the police to be on the safe side, though there's always going to the some poor gullible sod who falls for these things.

I had a similar one from 'Apple TM' lately. which was pretty convincing. It said i'd bought an album on i-tunes to a phone called 'Oylandas Phone'. It was some R&B album.

I can see how the easily baffled would have fallen for it. They didn't help themselves as I received the exact same scam e-mail to two of my e-mail addresses within 10 minutes. 

• Paid Members

Has anyone here had much experience of scam emails? I've just received an email from 'Shopping Company' saying "Thank you for shopping with us". It then goes on to tell me that I've ordered an Iphone 6 for $642. It finishes by saying I should click on a link if I believe the order to be wrong. Like fuck am I clicking it! I've forwarded the email to the police to be on the safe side, though there's always going to the some poor gullible sod who falls for these things.

On a similar note to that my friend got an email through being on a job recruitment site that offered her a job in a call centre 'opening in your area soon' for £13.50 ph

I'm skeptical of everything at the best of times but it just seemed so sketchy. Anyway it turned out it was a scam and is this

https://lightspeedahead.com/tag/gjc-logistics/

Shitty thing to do to people looking for work but it seems to be constantly doing the rounds without anyone stopping it. They even have a website so they look legit on a quick search

Hey,

I asked a question about Citalopram; which I had been prescribed but was unsure of potential side affects, back in October.

Just want to say thanks for the replies.  A few months on any my ability to become incredibly anxious about the trivial matters in life whilst sailing through serious situations has almost disappeared. No more breaking my phones or punching myself in the fucking head has made Shuggy a much happier chap.

Thanks again

I suppose this is the best place to ask:

In the late 80's into the very early 90's there was an ITV show shown after midnight on a Saturday night.

It was music and popular culture based and had a bit on it called (I am 99% sure) Night Time Radio.  This had a reaily memorable intro of a beautiful white owl swooping towards the camera. During the last episode of the show the Night Time Radio bit ended with the owl flying towards the screen then a shot ringing out with the owl falling backwards as if it had been shot.

I have tried Googling combinations of "ITV", "Night Time Radio" and "Owl" but have had no luck.

Any chance anyone remembers the name of the show.

Archived