Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

I suppose this is the best place to ask:

In the late 80's into the very early 90's there was an ITV show shown after midnight on a Saturday night.

It was music and popular culture based and had a bit on it called (I am 99% sure) Night Time Radio.  This had a reaily memorable intro of a beautiful white owl swooping towards the camera. During the last episode of the show the Night Time Radio bit ended with the owl flying towards the screen then a shot ringing out with the owl falling backwards as if it had been shot.

I have tried Googling combinations of "ITV", "Night Time Radio" and "Owl" but have had no luck.

Any chance anyone remembers the name of the show.

I'm sorry I don't know but I know how frustrating this sort of thing can be, so maybe have a dig around here: http://tv.cream.org/extras/timecapsule/arknight.htmand http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=107703 to see if they have any answers??? 

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suppose this is the best place to ask:

In the late 80's into the very early 90's there was an ITV show shown after midnight on a Saturday night.

It was music and popular culture based and had a bit on it called (I am 99% sure) Night Time Radio.  This had a reaily memorable intro of a beautiful white owl swooping towards the camera. During the last episode of the show the Night Time Radio bit ended with the owl flying towards the screen then a shot ringing out with the owl falling backwards as if it had been shot.

I have tried Googling combinations of "ITV", "Night Time Radio" and "Owl" but have had no luck.

Any chance anyone remembers the name of the show.

The Hitman and Her?

I seem to recall those programmes through the small hours on ITV being branded as 'The Night Shift'.  I remember on Saturday they would air programmes such as Hitman and Her, Sledgehammer and Batman and if I'm not mistaken a repeat of the Chart Show from earlier in the day.  Can't remember what show you're describing though.

• Paid Members

That's the kind of advice I need!

http://www.redbubble.com/people/attractivedecoy

I've barely sold a thing, although I wasn't taking it at all seriously till recently. I'm not really taking it very seriously now, I'm just slapping words on a t-shirt and wondering if it will sell. The Jeb is a Mess one has outsold everything else by about $80 to zero.

What tags are you using in the back-end? I'd definitely go down the social media route. However, Redbubble also has a really good integrated Google Analytics tracking code. You could have a look and see where most of your traffic already comes from and bump that up.

• Paid Members

Haha sorry... Ok, when you uploaded your designs it asks you for relevant tags so they show up when people do a related search. How many tags have you got? You should have around 8-10 at least for each design.

Have you ever used Google Analytics? Each Redbubble account has an embedded code that you can put into Google Analytics so you can see all the data attached. For example, you can see where the majority of your traffic comes from. If, for example, it's coming from Twitter then you know that's a good place to start promoting your other items. If it's Facebook, ditto. It's a good way of seeing behind the scenes for what's working and what's not on your site.

Bit of a mad one this but have any of you guys ever had any clothes knicked off the washing line?

Was just looking for a hoodie to wear, couldn't find it so looked for another. Couldn't find that either. When I've looked, I'm missing some jeans and maybe some tees too.

The house is tidy so it's not like they could be stuffed somewhere randomly. I've searched the house up and down and there's no sign of them.

Fucking craziness. Only explanation is they've been out on the line at some point lately and someone's taken them.

Not quite, but I caught somebody attempting to nick a hoodie by sticking his hand through the window once. My hoodie was hanging on the curtain pole to dry one evening (because we didn't have central heating and fuck switching the electric heating on), and I walked into my bedroom to find a bloke with his hand through the window trying to grab it. He pegged it as soon as he saw me.

• Paid Members

Update 2: The withdrawal continues. Three days since my last dose. I woke up yesterday morning and felt great, somehow. Told myself that I was special, that my symptoms had passed within a day! Nope. By the afternoon, I was ready to die. Tried to sleep last night and found it difficult. My arms felt...restless is the only way I can describe it. Like they wanted to move, they couldn't settle. It wasn't fun. This morning I shit myself while making coffee. That was fun. In work now, god let this end soon.

One positive is that my PC parts are arriving today so that'll take my mind of things tonight.

• Paid Members

Not got much to add apart from good luck and keep fighting the good fight. Sounds like you have probably broken the back of the worst of it.

Thanks, dude (and johnnyboy!). I would kill for 1 or 28 painkillers right now, but I'm really trying to stay clean. Especially since I'm not sure of the availability of codeine in Asia. Fuck going through this withdrawal in that heat with my girlfriend, her mum, her sister and her sisters fiance all around.

• Paid Members

I broke my foot a year ago and had 3 months on 30/500 co-codamol. They were great for a newbie to painkillers as I could get some sleep too.  Downside was that I could go a few days with not a lot of shitting.  Final straw came when I had a really sore shit after 3-4 days of not having one, it was awful, probably like Lolly Badcock felt when Danny Dong went straight up there without doing a gentlemanly few minutes up front first.

After that I went cold turkey and got the restless legs and shivers so I went on back on them at a reduced dose and weaned myself off them after a couple of weeks.

I have been on and of the 30/500 cocodamol/Zapain for 3 years. I love them, rarely have more than 3-4 a day, sometimes 6 when drinking for a bit of a buzz. The downside, it's like shitting razorblades sometimes. And the pain can last upto 10hrs. Thought it was piles but the doc informed me otherwise. I'm never constipated though, just shit razor blades.

Archived