Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

We got cards against humanity a couple of years back, 6 of us played it upon opening for the first time, thinking we knew what it was... to an extent.

My mam read out the word bukkake and pronounced it correctly first time.

That was grim.

• Paid Members

Does anyone on here speak, or more importantly, read Japanese?

I want a couple of songs and the only place I can find them is on some Jap equivalents of iTunes but haven't the foggiest how to work my way around their site to download them.

• Paid Members

Does anyone on here speak, or more importantly, read Japanese?

I want a couple of songs and the only place I can find them is on some Jap equivalents of iTunes but haven't the foggiest how to work my way around their site to download them.

Carbomb's your man for that.

I can only remember the rude words.

I know it's not 1995 anymore but I've just got myself a set of surround sound speakers and amplifier. I set it all up yesterday and tested it on the amp itself to make sure all speakers are working individually and are in the correct positions. All is good.

The bit I'm confused with is my TV is connected to the amp via an audio jack which splits into left and right, so stereo basically, and any sound coming out is coming out as such. Even if what I'm playing has dolby 5.1. The thing is I don't know how else to connect it to the amp. The only inputs are left and right and there's no optical input.

I'm confuzzled.

So it turns out there are two optical inputs, well hidden behind a slot the same colour as the amp casing. No symbols or any indication they were there. I only found them because I downloaded the manual to try and figure it out.

So my question now is, my ps4 and laptop are both connected to my TV via hdmi. So if I connect my TV to the amp via optical cable, will it output 5.1 from those devices or do they need connecting directly to the amp via optical cable?

Archived