Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I got a pack of these one a day proton pump inhibitors from the chemist that helped a lot earlier but it's wore off now so that damn stabbing/burning/aching pain is back and pissing me off. Weird how something you can buy from any local shop can fuck your stomach like that. Apparently you don't even have to have been abusing. Read a story of some woman who took ibuprofen, prescribed, for like a week and it messed her stomach all up.

• Paid Members

My combination of 3 ibuprofen at the start of work and 3 at the end, along with 6-7 mugs of coffee, meant I didn't shit right for a year.

I haven't been shitting consistently for two or three years now. I was originally necking co-codamol like it was going out of fashion but then got seriously concerned about my liver. So last year I switched to Nurofen Plus which worked great until the last few days and the emergence of this ulcer. I've switched onto Paramol to get me through the rest of the work week before trying to cold turkey at the weekend. After a couple of days, I'm usually ok. I only end up going back to the codiene out of boredom since I don't drink or do other drugs anymore.

• Paid Members

Fucking Hell. My physio moans at me for not taking enough ibuprofen. Apparently I should be taking 8 a day (and can take paracetamol as well).

You can take up to 8 a day according to the instructions on the packaging. I was taking more like 32-64 a day.

• Paid Members

Fucking Hell. My physio moans at me for not taking enough ibuprofen. Apparently I should be taking 8 a day (and can take paracetamol as well).

You can take up to 8 a day according to the instructions on the packaging. I was taking more like 32-64 a day.

Oh shit, son! I'm guessing it's more of a question of "does your ulcer have a stomach?"

• Paid Members

Yeah, seeing it written out like that puts it into perspective. Actually, I only recently started getting through two boxes a day. But still. I'd have been better off if I was still on four day drink and cocaine benders every couple of weeks! I think I've stopped in time to undo any damage. I gotta get my self healthy for real tho.

• Paid Members

No idea how you managed to do that for any period of time SpursRiot.

I was taking twenty or so a day after root canal and the contents of my arse replaced diamond as natures hardest substance. Needed a pneumatic drill to access my innards.

• Paid Members

There is something to be said for the warming embrace of codiene.

Yeah, but the tolerance hits quickly. You'll only ever get Codeine or Tramadol (scheduled drug now unfortunately) in this country now. I've been noticing they've been giving people anti-depressants now for pain-problems. I don't know what I feel about that. Obviously pain relief is on the Darkweb too. I recommend Dream Market. If I'm in pain (which I'm in a lot of), I want painkillers. I recommend Bittylicious for getting your Bitcoins too.

Archived