Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Paid Members

I think we all need to calm down and have some 'erb tea.

Fuck off! Fuck off! Fuck off!

The weird way in which Americans pronounce herb annoys me greatly. It makes no sense as they don't pronounce kerb or verb in a similar way .

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When Sky rebrands Sky Movies with Sky Cinema next week they promise to show a new premiere every day going forward.  Sky Movies currently schedule 4 new movies every week but now it's going to be 7 a week. All I can say is they must be planning to air a lot of straight to DVD type movies among some of the big titles.

I guess the question is how are Sky going to keep this kind of schedule going ?

I'm getting on the phone to SKY on Monday to get something sorted with what I'm paying. This months bill with their latest price increase has now risen above £60, which is fucking ludicrous when you consider what you're actually getting and that's not even having sports.

So the haggling hat is coming out

• Paid Members

Have those cunts put their price up again? I pohoned them a few months ago and managed to get 31 quid off my bill. But it lasted for one month and then suddenly my bill went up to £66 this past two months. Despite the fact I was meant to be tied into the £56 price for nine months when the deal was made. Need to get on the phone to them again on monday.

• Paid Members

If you're looking for colour combos (along with names):

Red & yellow - East Midlands Hulks

Green & black - Peterborough Degenerates (this one's also perfect for sponsorship by the chocolate company)

Black & white - Stevenage 4 Life

• Moderators

Can anyone recommend a site which lists / catalogues sports kits/uniforms at all?

I'm toying with the idea of launching a new club and looking for unique colour combinations which will help us stand out.

What sport? Prostar are well known for providing kit to amateur football teams at a decent price.

http://www.discountfootballkits.com/Prostar_Football_Kits

Have those cunts put their price up again? I pohoned them a few months ago and managed to get 31 quid off my bill. But it lasted for one month and then suddenly my bill went up to £66 this past two months. Despite the fact I was meant to be tied into the £56 price for nine months when the deal was made. Need to get on the phone to them again on monday.

Yeah, snuck them up again recently. It's only by a few pound each time, but it's got to the point where I'm struggling to justify paying what they're asking.

However, after nearly 2 hours of negotiations with 'Jack' through the websites live-chat I have managed to get the monthly bill down to £42, tried for a little more but they just weren't going to budge it would seem. That's a saving of £240 a year, which I don't think is too bad for a couple of hours sitting at the computer haggling and making Spotify playlists

Can anyone recommend a site which lists / catalogues sports kits/uniforms at all?

I'm toying with the idea of launching a new club and looking for unique colour combinations which will help us stand out.

What sport? Prostar are well known for providing kit to amateur football teams at a decent price.

http://www.discountfootballkits.com/Prostar_Football_Kits

Joma too, if you can find a company that sells Joma kits. Some of them are dirt cheap and personally I'd say they're better quality than Prostar.

I've had a couple of receipt emails from Apple for some apps and in-app purchases, but it's for an email account that I don't use for iTunes. I think I did years ago, but it's not the account on my phone or iPad. The apps were apparently bought on an iPod touch. I didn't have any of my current bank cards tied to that old account, and possibly not even any old ones so I don't understand what would be gained from hacking it. It may just be a phishing scam email? The thing is, due to apple's absurdly closed-shop system, I can't figure out how to get into the account to check whether those items are on my purchases. I don't want to have to change my phone's account to that one just to look, and I don't want to have to download iTunes on my laptop. Is there a simpler way to check?

Archived