Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

It's in Westminster. I definitely wouldn't be looking in Central London, the outskirts are definitely the better option. Commuting isn't too much of a concern, as long as it's not over an hour each way.

Essex is pretty decent both price and commute time wise, so if your girlfriend is already there it probably makes sense to go that way. Or at least somewhere East, anyway.

Yeah I'd consider Essex providing there's a tube station nearby. I worked in London for about 2 months after I graduated while living at my girlfriend's parents house and commuting was an absolute nightmare due lack of transport options.
What part of Essex is she in? Its a big ol' County and some parts are better connected than others. It's a million miles between Thurrock and Maldon metaphorically speaking.

She's in Harlow, which I wouldn't consider moving to in a million years (sorry Harlow residents, it's just not for me).  Somewhere like Loughton would be ideal, but that doesn't seem to be much cheaper than certain parts of London.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Harlow's near the border of Hertfordshire, I think - in which case, I'd strongly argue in favour of somewhere like Bishop's Stortford, Cheshunt or Broxbourne. Nice areas, currently quite cheap(ish), and an easy commute to Tottenham Hale, from which you can get the super-duper Victoria line, which is pretty damn fast these days.

She's in Harlow, which I wouldn't consider moving to in a million years (sorry Harlow residents, it's just not for me).

It's too good for your sort anyway.

I tried living there for about 2 months and, aside from the lovely Chinese nearby, it wasn't pleasant. Gave me diabetes, in fact.

• Paid Members

Wonder if anyone can help me with the process for applying for Irish citizenship. I'm applying through descent, my grandmother was born there. My mum was born in the UK. I'm assuming that, because she has never had an Irish passport or anything, that means I can't just claim via my mum? Although I did read somewhere that children born to Irish born parents are automatically Irish citizens? Aside from that, the process to register a foreign birth asks for a shit ton of documentation. Does anyone know if it is all required? For instance, my mum doesn't have a passport, but it asks for a passport.

Bit of an odd question, but if you were asked to write a critique of a TV show or a film, would you see it necessary to talk about how it could be improved, or would you say it's acceptable to only talk about the reason why you enjoy said TV or film?

• Paid Members

Does anyone have the MLB TV app?

If so is amyone having playback issues with the Samsung TV? It wont let me play any of the game played the previous day. My iPad has no issues at all.

I dont have a Samsung TV but I have no problems using the APP on my TV. Actually used it yesterday and it was grand

Does anyone have the MLB TV app?

If so is amyone having playback issues with the Samsung TV? It wont let me play any of the game played the previous day. My iPad has no issues at all.

I dont have a Samsung TV but I have no problems using the APP on my TV. Actually used it yesterday and it was grand

I've managed to get the app on PS4 by creating a US account and it is working like a dream, currently watching the Padres. Must just be an issue (albeit) temporary with the Samsung app.

Archived