Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

It's one of those things that needs to be clearly agreed in advance, almost a do's and don'ts in a way. I would suggest making her aware of your willingness to discuss the idea but with the condition attached that it can't be preachy. Although you might want to find another word to use!

We picked our own groups on my course and I was very aware of who I didn't want to work with early on so I've formed a group with two people who share my outlook and expectations.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Ok, so maybe you could tackle it by saying that, as Ramadan is a seasonal event, that you'd have a hard time 'promoting' the website once it's over. You probably have a timeframe to complete the project but Ramadan's already started so it's a bit late. That might be a better way to handle it but it'd be good if you had a couple of alternative suggestions.

A FAQ-style website would be good though because it wouldn't need to be updated (or updated often) unlike a fashion one or a travel one. What about one around the Olympics? Topical, answers some Qs like where it is this year, what countries are taking part, what sports are included, etc., and wouldn't need to be updated. Easy to promote too.

This is the problem. If I go along with it, she's going to want to take the lead. It's her religion after all. And if it gets too far into proselytizing, as I suspect it might, I'm going to be the one butting heads with her over it. Not conducive to a healthy team environment.

The other two could care less. About the project, the module, the degree. I'm not sure why they're paying so much if they don't care. The other two ideas were "travel" and "fashion" which were both rejected out of hand for being no so much ideas as words presented as an idea. The aims of the project are simply to produce, launch and promote a website.

They probably couldn't care less, in that case.

If you're not comfortable with it, I'd be up front about it. Or make it a multi-religion website where you can find out about Ramadan and atheism!

• Moderators

I received a letter today from 02 saying that I had bought a new phone contract from them. I haven't, I've called them up and they've barred the number and any phone associated with it and passed it on to their fraud team.

However. Is there anything I should do noe to protect myself from further fraud? They don't seem to have used my bank details, just my name and address. So I reckon they just wanted to get a phone on contract and not be traceable when they don't pay for it.

It's just fucking happened again with Vodafone. Will need to get on to Experian for sure now to see what's up. Will it be easy to get my credit record amended?

How should I protect myself from further fraud? Is there a good website that can give me advice, or a service I can call? Should the police be informed / will they have any useful advice for me.

As well as being a total ballache, it's all a bit disconcerting. Just because I've caught these two doesn't mean I'll catch it every time I get fucked with.

Any help would be appreciated (if it's useful. If not then FYIA x).

I received a letter today from 02 saying that I had bought a new phone contract from them. I haven't, I've called them up and they've barred the number and any phone associated with it and passed it on to their fraud team.

However. Is there anything I should do noe to protect myself from further fraud? They don't seem to have used my bank details, just my name and address. So I reckon they just wanted to get a phone on contract and not be traceable when they don't pay for it.

It's just fucking happened again with Vodafone. Will need to get on to Experian for sure now to see what's up. Will it be easy to get my credit record amended?

How should I protect myself from further fraud? Is there a good website that can give me advice, or a service I can call? Should the police be informed / will they have any useful advice for me.

As well as being a total ballache, it's all a bit disconcerting. Just because I've caught these two doesn't mean I'll catch it every time I get fucked with.

Any help would be appreciated (if it's useful. If not then FYIA x).

Generally speaking the Police will do FA but give you a crime reference - if that. Looking at your credit report is a good idea though. Don't forget though that along with Experian theres also CallCredit and Equifax and may be worth looking at those too.

With the Experian report you can set up a password on the report - no password no credit application. Also, you may want to check out CIFAS - which offers a similar kind of protection. (Though I think you have to pay for it)

https://www.cifas.org.uk/

Whilst I hate myself for suggesting this Experian can help you resolve any issues on there including any fraudulent entries. It should be relatively easy to get things fixed but sometimes it can take a bit of time is all.

Archived