Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Have you got life assurance? I've left instructions for my funeral to be paid from that with the remainder going in to trust for my son. What is a funeral bond? Is it basically just you paying for your funeral up front before you die?

I don't have life insurance, never seen the need for it. Time was all my investments were life assured, so I was worth more dead that alive, but these days it all goes toward the house. My old employer paid 3 times annual salary if I die in employment, I think my current one does too.

A funeral bond is paying into a pot which goes toward your funeral or buying your funeral at todays prices for when you go under. The second type is the better deal I feel.

I have a very irritating and fussy issue with my Podcasts app on iPhone 5c. Just wondered if this has happened to anybody else as it does my fucking head in.

So, seemingly based on nothing in particular, certain podcasts crash the app completely. And it's every time. But only certain ones. So, for example, it started happening with Week in Westminster despite never happening before, but now a few second after I start the podcast, it crashes and closes the app. I know it's going to happen too, because as I go to play it there's a noticeable lag before the podcasts starts. It's now also happening on the Distraction Pieces podcast. Now, it's not relevant that it's those two, I just mention them because I listen to about 10 other weekly things and it doesn't with those. It's like my app is just picking ones at random to fuck with.

Have tried subscribing and unsubscribing, tried replicating it on other podcasts but it's seemingly totally random. Shit, it's even hard to properly explain, and when googling a million different Apple threads, nobody seems to have had this exact problem. Have ANY of you guys experienced anything similar and is there a fix? Proper proper getting on me tits. Thanks.

• Paid Members

I too would like to be buried at sea, if buried is the right term. Basically I want to be weighed down and left to sink to the bottom. Not sure on the legalities of that though.

Interestingly, I had this exact discussion with someone who works for the marine management org a while back. It's not legal, mainly due to the fact that remains could potentially freak out divers, get pulled up by trawlers or wash up on a beach.

You would have to be boxed up I'm afraid.

Do you mean on your own property/bordering with a neighbour or a random strip of land?

A random strip of land. This in particular - 52.144191, -1.002233.

Your best bet is using tools on here Steve.

http://blog.landregistry.gov.uk/find-owns-property-piece-land/

I've tried using that but had no luck.

Am I better off contacting the district council?

Archived