Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Paid Members

Thanks for the advice. I don't get back until the 21st though so I'm pretty much useless until I get home. I do have mortgage protection though so I'll need to give them a call when I get back.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone used webuydvds.co.uk?

Have used music magpie and Ziffit in the past, looked on the site above and they offer more than all sites I've checked (checked CEX too)to sell my WWE blu rays on. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with them

Edit: As I posted this I also checked reviews online, seems it might be best to steer clear.

• Paid Members

Thanks for the advice guys. I gave myself yesterday to be miserable and mope. I updated my LinkedIn profile so at least I can apply for jobs via there and started saving some to apply when I get back.

Today's a different day and I'm just getting on with things and trying to be positive - it'll all work out, I'm sure. I need to enjoy the rest of my holiday and sort it out when I get back. Went to Hitler's Eagle's Nest today and laughed like a drain so it's all good

Thanks for the advice guys. I gave myself yesterday to be miserable and mope. I updated my LinkedIn profile so at least I can apply for jobs via there and started saving some to apply when I get back.

Today's a different day and I'm just getting on with things and trying to be positive - it'll all work out, I'm sure. I need to enjoy the rest of my holiday and sort it out when I get back. Went to Hitler's Eagle's Nest today and laughed like a drain so it's all good

I recently lost my job and at first its a shock but just update your CV and start applying for different things and interviews will come quick enough.

In the short term look for part time work and sign up to temp agencies, as I used to work in the catering industry I was offered weekend work at pubs, race courses, weddings etc, didn't take all of them up but if your happy to free lance it for a while then its still money coming in (albeit on a job to job basis).

I'm about to start a 4 month temp position tomorrow but already I may have a permanent offer elsewhere to start in a months time (dilemma I know!) so things will come along, although I've been bored not working the last few weeks in a permanent job, I've enjoyed the 'freedom' as well.

The job thread has some good advice as well.  

• Awards Moderator

One for the southerners on here; what's the easiest way to get from Heathrow to Wembley?

Google answers seem to be varied and suggest it's a bit of a pain in the arse so hopefully someone can recommend the best way (via train) which doesn't involve too many transfers.

Cheers

• Paid Members

Immediate one that comes to mind is Heathrow Express to Paddington, and take the Bakerloo line from there to Wembley Central.

My lad has decided he wants a Go Pro type camera for his birthday. I've no idea which to get him or even if a Go Pro is the best option or if there are better brands available. Ideally it'll be for him to shoot BMXing videos but my Mrs may also pinch it to shoot Youtube vlogs so we want something with decent video and sound recording quality that won't break after 10 minutes. Not got a massive budget either, £150ish at a push. I'd seen this one but for under a hundred quid I've an inkling it might be a sack of shite. Any suggestions would be great! 

• Paid Members

Bit of a dillema. Woman is in the close who helps Mumzie a lot with stuff as she is ill. I legitimately appreciate her doing it as not many people do it here. Woman has been in the flats for about 10 years. I want to send her a message saying thanks. She's not on my friend list. We've had a few conversations.

I'm not trying to "fire in". I don't love her. I'm just thankful of what she's done. Would I look like a major A+ weirdo if I sent her a Facebook message thanking her? Thanks a lot.

Archived