Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like an allergic reaction to something in the drink, to me.

That was my initial thought, but it only seems to be when I've been hideously drunk the night before and not if I've only had a few drinks.

For what it's worth, I was apprehensive when I first moved here but I love the city, so much to do, I love it here.

Yep, great city. Always something on, down to earth, great nightlife. Has everything except a beach...

• Paid Members

I drink less and less frequently nowadays, and I find hat I generally get incredibly painful muscle cramp-like spells when I drink. Anyone encountered this? Is it normal, or a sign of impending doom that I've ignored for about 10 years?

It's probably because you're dehydrated on account of the alcohol, I assume.

Watching Postman Pat this morning and something came to my attention.

If a Postman was emptying a post box and you noticed a letter/parcel addressed to you, and you said to the postie "that's me" and showed him ID/proof of address, could you take it there and then? Or does it legally need to be processed in some way?

No idea why I thought of this tbh, but I need answers!!!

Sounds like an allergic reaction to something in the drink, to me.

That was my initial thought, but it only seems to be when I've been hideously drunk the night before and not if I've only had a few drinks.

I've had this very same thing a few times when getting absolutely twatted. Eating can be extremely uncomfortable. Not sure if you're a smoker but I considered it may be a combination of chain smoking when hammered and being really dehydrated. Whatever it is our bodies are definitely telling us something!

• Paid Members

I drink less and less frequently nowadays, and I find hat I generally get incredibly painful muscle cramp-like spells when I drink. Anyone encountered this? Is it normal, or a sign of impending doom that I've ignored for about 10 years?

It's probably because you're dehydrated on account of the alcohol, I assume.

Also loss of vital salts. Magnesium and potassium aid muscle operation, and drinking alcohol can deplete these, leading to cramps. Can recover these with Andrews liver salts, nuts, bananas, sunflower seeds.

• Paid Members

Yeah, it could be you're missing out on them normally in your diet and the drinking exacerbates the effect of that.

Probably lack of magnesium is the problem - modern industrial farming techniques, especially in American agriculture, mean that a lot of fruit and veg are grown in earth that hasn't had a chance to recover its nutrients, so the produce ends up lacking specific ones like magnesium.

• Paid Members

After one pint, though?

Probably not. Unless you are already very low in something or incredibly tense.

Thanks — I'm going to go with "incredibly tense". First time I really remember it happening was after me and my dad had moved me in to a new flat in London, up three flights. We tapped out taking the last item, a giant CRT TV, and went for a drink to get our strength back. One double vodka, and I nearly fell on the ground in pain. That was understandable, but it generally feels like that most times I drink. I'd still take that over moving out of that flat, when this forum's own Catfish Jake tried to smash my rhythm-keeping hand in the door of a Bedford van.

Archived