Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Close friend of mine does and it's bad to the extent they had to hook him up to the all day Ghostbusters gear.

If it's just overnight, apparently wearing the mask while sleeping takes a while to get used to. If the mask really isn't comfortable, might be worth asking for one of the ones that just pushes air up through the nose, which are older.

• Paid Members

Thanks for the London advice gang. Went to the portrait gallery, saw some comedy at the Phoenix at Cavendish Square, and some general sight seeing about. Also ran into Michael Portillo. Fun two days, Covent Garden was a nice place to stay in.

I've managed to score a couple of Club Level tickets for the FA Cup semi final tomorrow. Being a bit skint, my cheapest option is to drive down and try get a parking space in one of the few free/cheap all day car parks within walking distance to the stadium.

Does anyone know of any particular gems which might help me out? Any areas I should head towards to try my luck?

Really random question and maybe wishful thinking here. I work in O'Neills pub in Cardiff and there was a group of about 10 lads on a stag that came in last night all dressed as wrestlers and I was just wondering if any of those guys were members on here? If so, you really brightened up an otherwise terrible Saturday shift, lovely set of lads who knew their wrestling!

I'm sure you're right, but I would be VERY surprised if there were any free car parks in a 20 minute radius of Wembley. That wouldn't be commercially sensible for them. Best of luck though, let us know if you do!

Just got here. Parked at Wembley Park station, £1.50 for the day. Result.

I'm sure you're right, but I would be VERY surprised if there were any free car parks in a 20 minute radius of Wembley. That wouldn't be commercially sensible for them. Best of luck though, let us know if you do!

Just got here. Parked at Wembley Park station, £1.50 for the day. Result.

Nice one dude!!!

• Paid Members

Any of you good chaps know if any torrent sites I can use via Sky broadband? KAT is blocked, even if I use opera turbo and I need my fix of The Amazing Race!

• Paid Members

Any of you good chaps know if any torrent sites I can use via Sky broadband? KAT is blocked, even if I use opera turbo and I need my fix of The Amazing Race!

Buy a subscription to IPVanish.com and you can use all torrent sites. Bit fiddly though.

• Paid Members

My uni has an Erasmus agreement with the Amsterdam University of Appied Sciences. I'm applying to do a semester there studying International Journalism. Just wondering if anybody has any experience with this, having done something similar themselves? As far as I can work out, the uni in Holland will provide accommodation for the entire semester at a cost of about £400. And then I would just need living expenses. My UK student loan will be swallowed up by my commitments in the UK so will probably have to get a job whilst out there if I'm accepted.

Erasmus was the best year of my life (I did mine in Barcelona at Pompeu Fabra uni) and I thoroughly encourage anyone to do it as its one of the most eye-opening, character building and fun things you can ever do. I had more sex, drugs, alcohol and travel in that 15 months than I have done since, and that was three years ago :D. My Spanish became near-fluent too.

Re the finance issue, don't the EU do no strings attached grants any more? We got a whopping grant each term from the British Council so I'd definitely ask your uni/faculty office about what you're entitled to. Any other specific questions you've got I'm more than happy to answer!

Archived