Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Paid Members

Not sure about the first question but regarding migraines - I find that drinking plenty and taking one of the pink Migralieve tablets works for me. Try and get lots of rest too, lay in a darkened quiet room or maybe listen to a podcast or soothing music. If it gets too bad you can take a yellow Migralieve too. I think you can take two but one of the pink usually does me.

I've had a lot of really bad headaches this year. Went for an eye test and had to get new glasses but I've also been referred for further glaucoma assessments. I've got a pre-assessment appointment on Saturday where they're going to put drops in my eyes (autocorrect almost said they're going to put Doritos in my eyes!) to blow up my pupils so they can scan them properly. Not looking forward to that much. I'll have impaired vision for a few hours, will probably need to wear sunglasses and have to take someone with me to help me get home. Anyone had this before?

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

My mom used to go to the local hospital for what sounds like the same thing to assess for glaucoma.

She never looked forward to it, she's not a comfortable with hospitals in general I don't believe, but over all it wasn't a bad experience.

I've had a lot of really bad headaches this year. Went for an eye test and had to get new glasses but I've also been referred for further glaucoma assessments. I've got a pre-assessment appointment on Saturday where they're going to put drops in my eyes (autocorrect almost said they're going to put Doritos in my eyes!) to blow up my pupils so they can scan them properly. Not looking forward to that much. I'll have impaired vision for a few hours, will probably need to wear sunglasses and have to take someone with me to help me get home. Anyone had this before?

Yeah I had that last year for the same reason (no doritos though).

It wasn't too bad. Couldn't drive for a day or so but it didn't hurt, it was more just uncomfortable. And sensitive to sunlight - in the shop I was fine but as soon as I stepped outside I was crying like a baby!

• Paid Members

Hello lads.

For the past week I've been getting terrible migraine's. They seem to be aggregated by sex, which seems odd to me. I've also just noticed a red numb lump up one nostril so I'm suspecting an infection of some sort

Might be a wee Sinus infection you've got there. Are you spitting browny gunk up? I used to have it.

Go in a shower and put a finger on your nostril and blow out your other nostril (like the grapplers do). If browny gunk comes out, you've got it. Sometimes comes from the back of your throat too and you might need to spit it out (which is fucking horrible really). Antibiotics cleared it up.

• Paid Members

It wasn't too bad. Couldn't drive for a day or so but it didn't hurt, it was more just uncomfortable. And sensitive to sunlight - in the shop I was fine but as soon as I stepped outside I was crying like a baby!

Yeah, they've said I won't be able to drive too but that won't be a problem. And I'll have to remember the sunglasses. I don't have anything else planned so hopefully I can just come home and close the curtains for a few hours until my eyes are back to normal.

That just reminded me - a couple of weeks ago I was out having coffee with my mum. I was facing the window so the sun was shining in my eyes and she commented that she'd never realised what colour my eyes actually are. Thanks mum, in over 30 years you've never noticed...

• Moderators

Hello lads.

For the past week I've been getting terrible migraine's. They seem to be aggregated by sex, which seems odd to me. I've also just noticed a red numb lump up one nostril so I'm suspecting an infection of some sort

My question is two fold, one how long before something like that clears up and two what can I do to ease the migraines when they pop up?

I had them before. Like an orgasm migrane. Basically leave it alone for a week - it'll go away on it's own then. I think it's a tension or blood pressure thing.

• Paid Members

I did get a lot of blood in the mucous in the 5 or so days before, which is what led me to an infection, I suspect tension and stress is the root cause and in truth in just run down and worn out.

I'll hold up and take it easy for a week (and not touch my willy, which will be a hard one (ohh err)).

I've bought some migraine tablets as suggested by the delightful Monkee so if it does crack off on a good one again I've got something to take the edge off.

I was talking to the chap in the chemist and he asked if I had sickness and nausea. I said I didn't unless I moved about. If it blew over in a couple of hours in the dark I was ok. If not as soon as I got up for a piss the hare was away and it was all go. He looked confused and explained what codeine is.

Here's a computer question.

My old laptop is fucked. The hard drive is knackered on it, I think. It struggles to start up, it always gives the "startup repair" or "start Windows normally" option and takes ages to do either. And also, it's forever telling me my version of Windows 7 isn't genuine. That might be true, I bought the laptop second hand from a dodgy cunt.

Anyway, the problem now is that the track point on it doesn't work. In device manager, it tells me "this device cannot start (code 10)". Disabling, uninstalling, restarting etc haven't made any odds. I downloaded a new driver from the Lenovo site, nothing. However, it DOES work in the startup repair menus. So I don't think it's a hardware/BIOS issue, but how can I get it to work in Windows again?

Weird question - when you go to the barbers, does the skin on the back of your neck just below your hairline get cut and stings like a motherfucker? It's happened in about 3 or 4 different barbers to me and it's getting to the point where I'm afraid go get my hair cut because it feels like someone has been at me with a knife.

• Paid Members

I usually clip my own hair, but there is one little bit of skin I always catch and it bloody cains every time. I guess it's like a mini roll of fat, only a couple of mil in thickness. It's right on the back of my head, almost where the skull ends and joins the neck.

I'm wondering if it's something similar for you Slap, but just further down?

• Awards Moderator

Yes, but a decent barber should treat it straight away to calm the skin down.

If I go to Five Quid Fred I don't expect that. But sometimes I go to one more expensive and they bring out the talc, tonic, etc. and don't suffer any irritation. Makes you feel like a gent.

• Paid Members

You ever had a Turkish Gents Haircut with the fire and the knifes flying around the place? I must admit, I was a bit scared when the big fuck off flamethrower thing was brought out to get the hairs out of ears.

Archived