Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

I just applied for a credit card and the website said I had been approved, however directly beneath it , it said I had failed a credit check. It then took me on to another page which. seemed to confirm I've been accepted? Any ideas?

They've also just sent me an email confirming ive been accepted and they just need ID.

Thanks

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I think certain providers will give credit to people with a low score but there are more T&Cs around it in case you don't/can't pay it back. The APR might be a lot higher and that sort of thing.

• Paid Members

I've designed a logo on a family members version of CorelDraw. As I don't have the program on my laptop, I saved the file as a PNG & Adobe Illustrator file yet when I open it it reverses the colours (black on white background)

How do I stop this from happening?

Anything I'm doing wrong?

The only thing I could find relating to that was about image compression, suggesting switching the image compression to zip (or, presumably, no compression) when you save it.

• Paid Members

Anyone know anything about Blacklisting things for Facebook? I've fallen into some sort of Facebook discussion hole because I asked if there was a way to keep getting articles from Salon but filter out "Trevor Noah," because I want to avoid their manufactured "he's shit/he's ace" discussion. I use Safari, I don't want to stop using it, so I'm not switching to Chrome. 

depends what you mean by 'flexible' really - ie, in terms of how much you can pay in, how it's invested, etc.

also, do you want to do it 'personally' or as a company pension through your limited company?   

drop me a pm if you want, might be easier....

Another fucking laptop question

So, it's about time I got a laptop. I only have a tablet and trying to do a CV and apply for jobs is a right shithouse on it. I'm probably looking at about 300 quid but I've no idea if that's enough. Just after something basic to do the office type stuff. I'll use my iPad for browsing.

Do I need to reconsider the budget or would that be enough?

Do you specifically want something new Keith?  I picked up a 2010 Macbook on an eBay shop the other week for £220.  It runs the latest OS and works like a dream compared to the 2014 laptop I recently sold.

• Moderators

Basically if you manage with autonomy then you have full control over what your staff do / how they get their work done, and are not micro managed by your manager.

Or if they mean manage with as in "cope with" it means are you alright just getting on with stuff on your own and deciding how you want things to be done.

I don't know if it's a manager role and don't have the context..

Archived