Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

The main theme from Careless Whisper's a piece of piss.

The things I struggled most with with the alto sax was getting the very high notes in tune, and controlling the B and Bb at the bottom. Either they fade in, or they blast out.

The other thing is the Eb tuning.

• Paid Members

When you pre order a game from Amazon. Does it usually come late on release day?

Depends on your delivery option usually comes on release or just after. Amazon very rarely send anything out super early.

• Paid Members

How hard is it to learn the sax? I've always liked the idea of being able to do that.

I have a sax. It was a Christmas present when I was about 17 but I never got around to learning properly. I had a video (yes, VHS - that's how long ago it was) but I just couldn't get the hang of it. Then, when I decided to go back to it, I'd had my lip pierced and couldn't get my ring around it (phnarr!). So it now sits under my bed gathering dust. Maybe I should try again with it...

• Paid Members

Anybody ever walked the West Highland Way? I'm wanting to do it when the warmer weather turns up as I live right on the start of it. Any tips?

Looked into it a few years ago. I'm probably too old and sore to try it now. I think the best part to start from is get the train to Milngavie and one of the starts is about a five minutes walk from there. (which you probably live next to). Used to be a guy on Youtube that posted his videos of him walking the route.

Kilpatrick Hills are a good walk. Right next to Old Kilpatrick train station. Very secluded and, to be honest, a bit creepy. I had a helluva time going mental up there, probably lack of oxygen.

Yeah! Im in Milngavie, and have walked as far as Mugdock Park, but I'm hoping to bite the bullet and do the whole 96 miles this summer. The thought of doing it in this weather scares me shitless.

The Kilpatrick hills are beautiful, what particular bit did you climb?

• Paid Members
 Then, when I decided to go back to it, I'd had my lip pierced and couldn't get my ring around it (phnarr!).

I love you, Monkee!!!

Here, just on this, I've always wanted to learn to play because of my obsession with Mr.Bungles first album.

Say for arguments sake, somebody had AP/PP, and they bought a sax. How easy would the technique be to pick up?

• Paid Members

Yeah! Im in Milngavie, and have walked as far as Mugdock Park, but I'm hoping to bite the bullet and do the whole 96 miles this summer. The thought of doing it in this weather scares me shitless.

Is this Skyrim?

Prime. Which likely means it'll come on release day. But my Prime deliveres rarely come before afternoon. Damn.

If you're desperate for a game on or before release day I'd recommend The Game Collection. I just got Heavy Rain/Beyond Two Souls in the post from them today and it isn't out until Friday.

• Paid Members

Only the bit from the start to Loch Humphrey. Route was not too long as the steep vertical hill was a total killer. We had to watch out for the psycho sheep protecting their young too. Nice place. Wouldn't advise doing it this time of year though. Weather changes all over the place up there.

I've designed a logo on a family members version of CorelDraw. As I don't have the program on my laptop, I saved the file as a PNG & Adobe Illustrator file yet when I open it it reverses the colours (black on white background)

How do I stop this from happening?

Anything I'm doing wrong?

• Paid Members

Prime. Which likely means it'll come on release day. But my Prime deliveres rarely come before afternoon. Damn.

If you're desperate for a game on or before release day I'd recommend The Game Collection. I just got Heavy Rain/Beyond Two Souls in the post from them today and it isn't out until Friday.

Thanks. I've given them a go.

Archived