Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Paid Members

I think you'll just do one of those awareness courses for doing that speed.

I wasn't so lucky when I was caught doing 73 in a 50 zone a few months after passing my test. 3 points and a £60 fine. Granted, it could have been much worse, but still not ideal.

Did you know it was 50 and just disregarded it, or was it inexperience on a limited duel carriageway or something?

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

So I've just got a letter (an NIP) through were I've been caught speeding (38mph in a 30 zone). Do I just have to go on one of those speed awareness courses, or do I now have a record? They don't say state that I've been fined or anything

It should state the fine, options to pay, and - if you're lucky - the alternative of a speed course. If not, you're missing pages!

Electrics! How do they work?

I woke up today at 1pm to find all the power off. Nothing working at all. No switches are tripped, but I've turned them all off and on several times, including the big red ones. Unplugged everything. Nothing made a difference. Any ideas?

Does anyone here have experience volunteering at a music festival? I've not got much on this summer and volunteering at Reading sounds tempting. The line-up isn't making me want to shell out hundreds of pounds, but there's a good amount of bands that I wouldn't mind seeing and it sounds like a cool experience.

• Paid Members

Shitty weather with rain coming into an attic might have caused the electrics to blow. That ended up happening a lot at my old place.

Yeah, this is what happened to us. Whole place was in darkness and Mumzie was in hospital with suspected Dementia (it wasn't. It was a Urine infection) and it was freezing. Not a good time. Nearly topped myself so I did.

Phones in the States. I'm going to Boston later in the year and can't make heads or tails of mobiles over there. I just want a shitty pay as you go mobile so I can contact the people I'm going with/meeting there.

Is it for a holiday or permanently? If its just a holiday then with 3 you get free roaming for the US so all your free minutes, texts and data that you would get if you were in the UK become valid while over there.

Could be an option and would mean you wont have to buy a new phone or get a new sim/contract.

http://www.three.co.uk/Discover/Phones/Feel_At_Home

• Paid Members

Hello lads.

For the past week I've been getting terrible migraine's. They seem to be aggregated by sex, which seems odd to me. I've also just noticed a red numb lump up one nostril so I'm suspecting an infection of some sort

My question is two fold, one how long before something like that clears up and two what can I do to ease the migraines when they pop up?

Archived