Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there a bigger example of well marketed nonsense than Record Store Day ?

Eugh, most of the releases are complete and utter shite. If it was just rare out of print stuff I wouldn't mind but there's loads of albums which are readily available and are just shoved out again for a quick buck. I bet you there'll be a cassette version at some point, they're becoming fashionable.

Yeah there was a cassette version of Marilyn Manson's. 'antichrist Superstar being quite heavily hyped online from what I saw. It's the ones that are just the same thing but different colours that are the worst offenders.

Oh, and there was this interesting article put out the other day - http://teamrock.com/news/2016-04-16/record-store-day-half-vinyl-buyers-never-play-records

When you're on a web browser logging onto a site, and it suggests/shows all the different logins you've used, where is that saved on a computer? I've got to cancel an Amazon prime trial and I've forgotten the email address I created for it, and my old rubbish old laptop that I did it on wont boot up. I'm going to use a Hirens type thing to retrieve data, but where would I find all the different emails I've used to log in to Amazon?

When you're on a web browser logging onto a site, and it suggests/shows all the different logins you've used, where is that saved on a computer? I've got to cancel an Amazon prime trial and I've forgotten the email address I created for it, and my old rubbish old laptop that I did it on wont boot up. I'm going to use a Hirens type thing to retrieve data, but where would I find all the different emails I've used to log in to Amazon?

Cookies/History isn't it? Clear one or both & those options you mention disappear.

Thanks for the suggestions. I use Opera, and I didn't have the password saved, but I know when I'd login to Amazon it'd have a list of previous email addresses I've used. I'm guessing it's just in the cookies somewhere, as long as I haven't had a ccleaner rampage since I did it. At the moment I'm having enough hassle creating a boot USB.

Assuming I can't get access to the Amazon account to cancel the trial, cancelling my bank card will do the job, right?

Making up email addresses willynilly to get £10 off my shopping every week has finally bitten back.

I think there's a freeware password decyrptor for Opera, as unlike Chrome and Firefox it doesn't have an option to backup passwords etc. So any password you've saved it should be able to retrieve. Only if you've saved them though as if you didn't select the option to remember/save when logging in there will be no saved record of them.

http://securityxploded.com/operapassworddecryptor.php

Is the one I used, sometimes they can flag up as malware due to the nature of what the programming does (essentially it's data mining for the passwords in a directory which usually you can't open because of the fact it's encrypted) but the one mentioned should be OK. I've used it before for Opera. Now I mostly use Firefox because it's easier to export passwords and such.

Archived