Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

I just went to visit my mate who's doing Erasmus and it was awesome. Opened my eyes up to the cultural differences between us and mainland Europe. House parties with like 200 people too as well as ones with small gatherings (which is still like 20 people).

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

So, yeah, seems like I've got a good shot. My course director is keen for me to do it because my grades are pretty good, I'm going into my second year, and my career goals match the minor I'd be taking. Finance wise, I'd still get my student finance, my bursary from the uni, a possibly additional amount from the uni, plus a monthly grant of about 3-490EUR when I'm out there. Looks a goer. Exciting.

So, yeah, seems like I've got a good shot. My course director is keen for me to do it because my grades are pretty good, I'm going into my second year, and my career goals match the minor I'd be taking. Finance wise, I'd still get my student finance, my bursary from the uni, a possibly additional amount from the uni, plus a monthly grant of about 3-490EUR when I'm out there. Looks a goer. Exciting.

It'd be cheaper to leave her at home, wouldn't it?

Seriously though, glad to hear it's all going well.

• Paid Members

As Monday is a bank holiday do the Royal Mail still deliver as per usual tomorrow? I have a first class recorded delivery coming.

Nope. They don't deliver or pick up on a bank holiday, it's treated as if it's a sunday

• Paid Members

As Monday is a bank holiday do the Royal Mail still deliver as per usual tomorrow? I have a first class recorded delivery coming.

Nope. They don't deliver or pick up on a bank holiday, it's treated as if it's a sunday

Tomorrow is still business as usual though so you should receive your delivery

• Paid Members

You can try and play them off against Sky, but Virgin are notoriously difficult to get discount with. Do you have Sky Movies and Sports on your Virgin package? If so you can cancel them and get Now Tv which will save you some money.

Do you get Internet through Virgin? If so they occasionally offer discounts on that but you have to sign up for 18 months.

I gave up trying to save money with Virgin so currently have the basic Virgin package with Now TV for movies (and entertainment for Sky Atlantic while GoT is on). Total i pay out a month now is roughly £80

Anybody have a rough idea of the bare minimum monthly amount needed to live in Manchester (or as nearby as possible)? Not looking for a specific number, just need a rough ballpark figure. I've been offered a partnership in a start-up and we're launching it there. I could travel through every day but it'll be a 6 day a week gig and I'll need to stay over quite a bit anyway.

I've got a mate who lives there and I'm meeting with them next week so hopefully I'll be able to live there and throw them a bit of money every week for rent. Failing that, I'll rent a room/house share. 

To be honest it depends whereabouts. I live in Chorlton which is ponce central, but you'd get a house share for under 400. I'm sure there are many cheaper options but the area may not be that nice.

Archived