The UKFF Betting Topic

John Amos

• Paid Members

£200 back from a Yankee today with Farclas and Blow by Blow winning and Road to Respect placing, would have been a good chunk more if Flying Tiger didn't have an absolutely shocking run in the 1410. Ah well, still reckon I'm about £150 up over the week, I'll take that.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello strangers :)

Two for the golf this weekend, RBC Heritage in Harbour Town. Closest you will find to a British links' style course on the American circuit so a few quid on guys who do well in the wind and rain, plus a lot of the 'bigger' players take a week off following Augusta.

Paul Casey outright at 16/1

Luke Donald each way at 50/1

Edited by Stylin_and_Profilin

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Stylin_and_Profilin said:

Hello strangers :)

Two for the golf this weekend, RBC Heritage in Harbour Town. Closest you will find to a British links' style course on the American circuit so a few quid on guys who do well in the wind and rain, plus a lot of the 'bigger' players take a week off following Augusta.

Paul Casey outright at 16/1

Luke Donald each way at 50/1

Good man, glad to see you around again.

• Paid Members

The National is a funny race. The marked improvement of the quality of horses have changed it a lot. Personally I wouldn't back either of those @thevestofdeanambrose Tiger Roll won that Mickey mouse race at Cheltenham which is no guide for the National. Davey Russell as pilot is a interesting booking though. Total Recall is class but fell last time. Not ideal preparation. I had a few quid each way earlier in the week on Baie Des Iles at 40s, and it is currently 16s so I'm not the only one. Perhaps a year to early but will love the ground. 

I’ll be taking a punt of 6 horses in the National I’m looking at these currently but my opinion will probably change come Friday/Saturday morning

Total Recall 11/1, Tiger Roll 10/1, Blaklion 11/1, Ucello Conti 20/1, Captain Redbeard 22/1 and Gold Present at 28/1

• Moderators

Blaklion will bottle it and has not looked great this season as well as failing twice at the National now, TIger Roll hates the ground despite pissing the Cross country and is known for inconsistency. Total Recall looked great until it fell in the Gold Cup, and it's a fucking great horse, but if it fell there unpressured it'll fall surrounded and shoved by Donkeys in the National over bigger fences and bolting horses.

All about Seeyouatmidnight or Baie des Iles for me. Look for Virgilio E/W though. It's 80s, but it's Skelton/Skelton, just had wind surgery, is a known stayer, and it's owner is from the village and if it's dogshit he can't show his face again. Shantou Flyer is always worth an E/W though. Always runs above it's ability. Also Raz de MAree is a grand old stayer despite being 13. But a stayer is enough if you're looking for E/W value,

But fuck what I say.

SEND OUT THE @Max Power SIGN

Edited by PowerButchi

I've got a raging hangover this morning so I've not been able to study much because I can't focus.

I like Gas Line Boy and The Last Samurai, but wouldn't put anyone off anything. I'l back the Welsh Beast too Butch.

Not had a winner all week either so I'm due.

3 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Gone with Total Recall (11/1) and Last Samurai (22/1) over at Bet365. They’ve got enhanced E/W allowing you to bet on as far out as a horse finishing in the top ten

Are those the odds on which next film Steve Justice says could do without a laughter track?