The UKFF Betting Topic

John Amos

• Paid Members

I was really lazy and just threw together an E/W accumulator with the top favourite of each race. My dad called a few minutes ago and when I mentioned my 'big plan' you could hear the trees and mountains rumble as he laughed loudly down the phone. Can't blame him to be fair, it's novice behavior, but my bets on the geegees this week have been shocking (much like the rest of you) so I might as well try something completely dumb to mark the end of a dry fest.

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Why are you doing each way bets on horses at 7/2, why even bother. 

Because with the luck I've had this week of horses falling at final hurdles, stumbling and trying to ruin me i'm hedging every bet right now. For me it's not just about massive gains but I've got a competition going on with a few friends about who can make the most off the same amount of cash. Winning currently. 

Edited by Shy Dad

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:
48 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

At that price it isn't worth it. You are better off not betting.

Probably. I got it at 4/1 though that makes no real difference. I guess it's just a case of only just not breaking even if it does finish third or chucking the other half of the cash on a win and being 20 quid down when it does stumble. If the moneys in my betting account its better to use it than wait 3 days for it to process back into my bank. 

Each to their own. 

There used to be a lovely stat in the Gold Cup that I've banged on about for years. A tiny, tiny percentage of horses beaten in the race came back to win it. You could eliminate most of the field unless it was called Kauto Star. But then Native River came along and fecked that right up.

I reckon I'll follow it again though. Last year's race was a right slog - so I'll be eilimating everything from last year.

I reckon Elegant Escape has a right chance. It finished right up Frodon's arse last time out and that form was well advertised last year. Won the Welsh National. Will stay all day. The only question mark is whether or not it's quite good enough but it'll be staying in when others have had enough. Native River and Might Bite will lead again, and hopefully Elegant Escape will outstay them all.

--

Sir Erec really should win, but there's no way I'm backing anything odds on in the Triumph. I'll probably do the horse that's finished behind him twice - Tiger Tap Tap.

--

In the County, it's so difficult. I fancied Whisky Sour for the Coral Cup and I think this is the wrong race for him. But what do i know. At the prices I'll take him on. Countister is Henderson's only entry in the race and hasn't run since the Festival last year. He must fancy it.

-- 

I like the form of Commander Of The Fleet and Rhinestone in the Albert Bartlett. Yet COTF is half the price of Rhinestone, and only beat him narrowly last time out.

--

The Foxhunters I'll back whatever Codd, O'Connor or Waley Cohen are riding.

--

Minds Eye in the next is my bet of the day. Graded form in Ireland and gets to run off a decent mark. Marracudja should go well too.

--

And in the lucky last? Gordon Elliot has a great record in the race but his horses are priced accordingly. Pym and Not That Fuisse will carry my money.

--

So in conclusion, the ones to avoid are....

1.30 - Tiger Tap Tap 

2.10 - Countister/Thistle Do Nicely

2.50 - Rhinestone

3.30 - Elegant Escape

4.50 - Minds Eye/Marracudja 

5.30 - Pym

I've done loads of each way doubles and trebles, bollocks to it. Total stake 40 quid.

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

Hi there wooly.

I'm not proud. It's mainly because my mate's brother did it years ago and won 30k, so I always round off my Cheltenham with a silly accumulator, but it's still an indefensible act of pure tardyness, I know.