The UKFF Betting Topic

John Amos

• Moderators

Stay away from Jon Rahm. 16's sounds good, but he's not got the temprement for Augusta. E/W value, espeically with bookies paying 8-10 places look at Paul Casey. Curently around 25s, he won't win but he's well worth an E/W. Has a great record there.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Inevitably this thread will get closed when Neil clasps his eyes on it as it is older than Impact Wrestling, but I will post my news here anyway.

I have made day 2 of the World Series of Poker pot limit Omaha event with an above average stack and the tournament has a guaranteed prize pool of 1M USD, but will be a lot higher than that. It will be more likely to be nearer 2M.

With Covid going on all of the WSOP events have moved online and this is my best opportunity to go for a coveted bracelet. I qualified for the tournament for 3 dollars where the normal buy-in is 400.

This is by far the biggest tournament I have ever played in and I restart the tournament with 60 big blinds which is an above average stack and should comfortably make a min-cash which will roughly be 700 USD. The winner will be walking away with about 200,000. 

I have not been able to concentrate since. This could potentially be life changing money and if I could win it I will be added to the 52 Brits who have managed to win a bracelet alongside the likes of Jake Cody, Barney Boatman and Dave 'Devilfish' Ulliott.

If anyone wants to follow my progress you will be able to find my table on Sunday on GG Poker and my username is beanyuk. 

• Paid Members
59 minutes ago, Glenryck Pilchards said:

Inevitably this thread will get closed when Neil clasps his eyes on it as it is older than Impact Wrestling, but I will post my news here anyway.

I have made day 2 of the World Series of Poker pot limit Omaha event with an above average stack and the tournament has a guaranteed prize pool of 1M USD, but will be a lot higher than that. It will be more likely to be nearer 2M.

With Covid going on all of the WSOP events have moved online and this is my best opportunity to go for a coveted bracelet. I qualified for the tournament for 3 dollars where the normal buy-in is 400.

This is by far the biggest tournament I have ever played in and I restart the tournament with 60 big blinds which is an above average stack and should comfortably make a min-cash which will roughly be 700 USD. The winner will be walking away with about 200,000. 

I have not been able to concentrate since. This could potentially be life changing money and if I could win it I will be added to the 52 Brits who have managed to win a bracelet alongside the likes of Jake Cody, Barney Boatman and Dave 'Devilfish' Ulliott.

If anyone wants to follow my progress you will be able to find my table on Sunday on GG Poker and my username is beanyuk. 

Best of luck with it Glen. Hopefully you get the peace and quiet on Sunday that you need to be able to concentrate, and can make a deep run. How many players are left and how many spots until the money bubble?

It is too early to say yet. I qualified in Flight A and there is 16 Day 1 flights going right up until Sunday afternoon. After three completed flights I am currently sitting in 30th place out of 156 players remaining with 1,201 entries so far. Looking at the paytable they are paying 15% of the field so as things stand there will be no bubble, but the later flights will have players hanging on with less than 10 big blinds. 

My conservative estimate is that there will be a total of 5,000 players which will mean it will be a prizepool of $1.9M and 620 players will be getting paid. From that I guess I will have a top 200 stack with about 800 players returning. I will have a better idea on Sunday morning. 

Thanks for that @Guy Bifkin I had no idea that programme existed so I am going to be in a YouTube rabbit-hole tonight! 

Great to see 15 years on this thread still going. For those of you interested I didnt win any of my bets placed before the 05-06 prem league season. And hello to any posters who remember me from way back when. 

Edited by John Amos

19 minutes ago, Glenryck Pilchards said:

Image may contain: text that says "548th Prize Pool $937.50 Place $221,556.7 10-13 14-17 18-26 Award WSOP EUROPE Package Ticket $165,147.14 147.14 $116,776.51 $82,573.32 $58 09 1,286.58 $29,193.96 $20,643.04 $14,596.73 $10,321.44 $7,298.2 $7,298.28 $5,160.72 $3,649.14 $3,649.14 $2,580.44 $2,011.77 $1,803.93 $1,617.38 $1,450.32 $1,300.45 $1,165.98 $1,045.60 $937.50 27-44 45-71 72-107 108-143 144-188 189-242 243-305 306-377 Table Prew Staking? Action SHOT ON 118 AI DUAL CAMERA"

This is what I am playing for tonight. There are currently 642 left with the top 548 getting paid. I am currently sitting in 112th place with a stack of 535,000 which is about 200,000 more than average stack. The prizepool is less than I predicted with a combined pool of $1.6M. 

Let's do this. 

How much was this to enter? Been playing a lot more online and want to enter these tournaments, currently just on the small stakes sit and gos

Unfortunately I busted out in 111th place for a nice payday of $1,800 and change. At one point I was 3rd in chips but two bad beats in row saw me go from the penthouse to the outhouse. If those two hands held I would be chip leader by a mile. That's poker. 

It isn't life changing money but I will be virtually getting paid double bubble this month so I can't complain too much. 

• 8 months later...

Great thread bump.

Here's Aintree Day One. 

I like McFabulous in the Aintree Hurdle. Plenty of these are stepping up from two miles, and this intermediate trip is bang on for my lad. No idea what happened last time out, but I fancy him to reverse form with Brewin. Likes the ground.

Latenightpass in the Foxhunters is a decent bet also. Led to just before the last at Cheltenham, this drop in trip will be bang on. Front runners do well over the big fences and hopefully he keeps out of trouble.

Miss Lamb in the last is decent value too. Finished second behind the odds on fav last time and with a 5lb pull she must have a decent chance of running well at 16s.

Don't like the first two races and The Bowl is a trappy affair. Maybe Mister Fisher might be the one

--

For the Masters I'm on Koepka at 25s, Ousthuizen at 55s and Wallace at 90s. Plus a few each way doubles with Discorama, Potters Corner and Anibale Fly in the main event on Saturday.

Edited by Max Power