The UKFF Betting Topic

John Amos

Still being a bit of a noob, what am I missing here?

I thought I'd bet on win and each way for both races, as a double? Have I fucked up? Why is Galvin VOID?

spacer.png

spacer.png

Apologies if im missing something super simple. I've been working, betting and supervising home schooling today and I still don't really understand e/w 😆

Edit: Now it says Galvin PUSH. The fuck does that mean? 

Edited by SuperBacon

Another £75 on tonight’s Acca. Redemption after Middlesbrough cost me £138 yesterday. Puts me at £489 profit for the last 30 days, at this rate Paddy Power will be popping round with the boys to break my legs or even worse, to show me their memes.

• Paid Members

11 bets today. Only three came in. But nice wins with Envoi Allen and You Wear It Well at good odds. The latter was a tip from my dad so he’s owed a drink. Fugitif was my other winner. 

On to tomorrow. Off work again so will spend the day figuring out who I’m going to blow all my money on. 

On 3/15/2023 at 4:37 PM, SuperBacon said:

Still being a bit of a noob, what am I missing here?

I thought I'd bet on win and each way for both races, as a double? Have I fucked up? Why is Galvin VOID?

spacer.png

spacer.png

Apologies if im missing something super simple. I've been working, betting and supervising home schooling today and I still don't really understand e/w 😆

Edit: Now it says Galvin PUSH. The fuck does that mean? 

You've done cover bets there, not e/w. Cover bets are where you get slightly shorter win odds and if the horse places you get your stake back. With those odds it doesn't look like e/w would've been worth doing as you wouldn't have got your stake back if it placed. No idea why it was void, haven't seen any racing today. On shorter odds horses rather than e/w I tend to put -for instance - £1 to win and £2 to place, enough to ensure the return from the place bet would cover the win stake.

1 hour ago, Harry Wiseau said:

You've done cover bets there, not e/w. Cover bets are where you get slightly shorter win odds and if the horse places you get your stake back. With those odds it doesn't look like e/w would've been worth doing as you wouldn't have got your stake back if it placed. No idea why it was void, haven't seen any racing today. On shorter odds horses rather than e/w I tend to put -for instance - £1 to win and £2 to place, enough to ensure the return from the place bet would cover the win stake.

Thanks for the explanation, really appreciated. 

A dreadful day on the horses and I'm forced to hope for a fucking Arsenal win to gain some money back.