The UKFF Betting Topic

John Amos

Had £25 E/W (SkyBet were paying 8 places) on Corach Rambler so that left me up for the end of the day. 

Stuck £40 of it on the fav in the last at 10/11 if you didn’t see the race, it really was a lucky fucker, 1st was cruising by about 6 lengths but fell at the last before the favourite battled its way to win.

Edit: Skybet have a maximum £20 back as cash if your horse loses in the first race every day this week too so you’re basically getting a free bet.

Edited by TildeGuy~!

I had an absolute mare. Only had Love Envoi each way in the mares and Sundial on a tip, each way again.

mind you, the best thing about the greatest week in sport is that we start again tomorrow.

and I like Gaelic Warrior in the first race tomorrow. Should be around 4’s or so

If horses are getting the better of you then bet on the lesser intelligent species of the male footballer. I’m £400 up on the last month of footy betting. Sporting, Benfica, Porto, Ajax, Feyenord and PSV are like a cheat code for Acca boosting. 

36 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

If horses are getting the better of you then bet on the lesser intelligent species of the male footballer. I’m £400 up on the last month of footy betting. Sporting, Benfica, Porto, Ajax, Feyenord and PSV are like a cheat code for Acca boosting. 

I've won about £400 in the last couple of months. The best being bet365 paying out a couple of weeks ago on Liverpool winning after going 2 up against Madrid, and the me betting on Madrid in play to win when 2 down. Got about £150 off that.

Both teams to score and a result is my comfort blanket.

• Paid Members

A few years ago, both teams to score in the MLS won me a fair bit of money. It was goals galore most of the time with the shit defence/goalkeeping. It’s not an easy win anymore. But it’s always good for the lower leagues here and the lower Scottish ones. 

As much as I love darts, it can be so unpredictable with betting that I leave it alone now. I’ve done well twice. Rob Cross to win the worlds, which I did months and months in advance with great odds. And I did a ten match acca for the Matchplay a few years ago and got a great payout. 

14 minutes ago, TheBurningRed said:

A few years ago, both teams to score in the MLS won me a fair bit of money. It was goals galore most of the time with the shit defence/goalkeeping.

Can't remember who it was but I once won 3x times on the same game in the MLS. 

Team 1 went 2 up, so I cashed out and backed Team 2. Team 2 went 3-2 up so I cashed that out and then backed Team 1 and they won 4-3! That at 3am didn't please the neighbours. 

It's a mad league.

A general trend seems to be that the British horses run well in the handicap chases (Corac Rambler) and the Irish dominate the handicap hurdles.

With that in mind, I'll be having a few darts today.

2.50 - Grand Roi and Tax For Max

4.50 - Global Citizen and Elixir Du Nutz

--

General fancies...

1.30 - Good Land for the Marine Nationale connections yesterday. The Mullins fav is surely underpriced, and Hermes Allen may be a little slow to live with the Irish (will be backing for the Brown Advisory next year though!)

2.10 - I think Gerri Colombe will shit up.

3.30 - Emergumene to beat Edwardstone, the rest a fence behind.

4.10 - If the ground is soft, Galvin. If it dries up, Delta Work. Snow Leopardess a lively outsider.

--

Don't listen to me though, I can't tip coal.

• Paid Members

There’s nothing I fancy in 4:10 or 5:30 race but these are my picks today

1:30 - Good Land. 

2:10 - Galia Des Liteaux is worth an E/W

2:50 - Run For Oscar (E/W) and An Epic Song

3:30 - Energumene for the win. Captain Guinness E/W (It is St Paddy’s Day this week after all)

4:50 - Andy Dufresne as another E/W bet

I did well yesterday. I predict I’ll do decent today. We’ll see come 5pm. 

16 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Edit: Skybet have a maximum £20 back as cash if your horse loses in the first race every day this week too so you’re basically getting a free bet.

I think it's account specific. this year the max refund for me on this offer is £2.