The UKFF Betting Topic

John Amos

• Paid Members

I believe that out of the remaining horses, Ain't That A Shame finished...last. Stone, dead, last.

Speaking of shame, I've lumped some beans on Shaun Murphy to take the World Snooker Championship outright, looking at a £180 return if it comes off. He's in rich form and should be well placed. Even if I find him to be the most cringeworthy human being ever. 

My first ever official adult bet was on the snooker - in the 2006 tournament, Graeme Dott was trailing against Ronnie O'Sullivan in the semi-finals. Of the four remaining cueists, he had the best odds (because he was losing). I stuck something like a quid on him - he only went on to win the lot. That £20 or so that I won felt like the bastard lottery. A lifetime of wasted money and betting heartache followed. 

Edited by Fatty Facesitter

Said it on Twitter but have it again here, but when a jockey is unseated and the horse keeps running, the jockey free horses look like they're having a ball, just running along with their mates, so just get rid of the jockeys. 

Had a fiver on Ain't That A Shame, but was never in it to be honest.

• 6 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Jeez Cleets what you got against Celta like…

Absolutely rotten weekend of football betting to follow my tidy win of £280 last week. I had Villa, Everton and Spurs winning, all plucky under dogs and yet shit cunts like United, Celtic, Bayern and Sporting killed any chance I had of winning. 

• 1 month later...
34 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Right, I’ve got PSV and Oklahoma City Thunder left on my 50/1 acca. PSV are pretty safe but does anyone know anything about basketball? They’re playing Orlando Magic and are heavy favourites.

That should be an absolute cert.

Edit: They just smashed Portland by 60 odd. Be VERY surprised if Magic get a result.

Edited by SuperBacon

14 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

That should be an absolute cert.

Edit: They just smashed Portland by 60 odd. Be VERY surprised if Magic get a result.

Might let it ride and stick a tenner on Orlando to cover my arse.

Good arrows @SuperBacon, as a thank you I’ve left you a coffee from the Costa machine on the counter in the Spar by me.

Edited by Mr_Danger

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
1 hour ago, Harry Wiseau said:

The wrestling section of skybet seems to have gone, it was there yesterday. I always have a bet on the rumble and wrestlemania with a couple of contradictery accas but alas I won't be able to today, unless I put money in paddy power

William Hill has options to bet on both Rumble winners. It’s in the TV/Specials section. 

1 hour ago, Harry Wiseau said:

The wrestling section of skybet seems to have gone, it was there yesterday. I always have a bet on the rumble and wrestlemania with a couple of contradictery accas but alas I won't be able to today, unless I put money in paddy power

It should be on sky bet somewhere. Oddscheker have sky bet odds for it.

https://www.oddschecker.com/tv/wwe/men-royal-rumble-winner

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

First day of Cheltenham today. I like to get the trusty pin out and pick a horse in each race so I can spread my disappointment out over the whole afternoon. Just had a Win Lucky 15 and an EW Round Robin for small stakes. 

L15 Slade Steel, Il Etait Temps, Lossiemouth, Embassy Gardens

RR. Run Wild Fred, Nemean Lion, Eagle Fang. 

Good luck if you are having a go today, maybe @Max Power Has got a plot horse for one of the races this week. 

Edited by Lion_of_the_Midlands
Fat thumbed idiot