The UKFF Betting Topic

John Amos

Friday.

1.30 - Will have either won a grade one, be rated more than 80 on the flat, and have won on the flat over at least 1m2f. Mares have a very good record. Apple's Shakira hits every stat, but the price is too short for me. I'll have FARCLAS, seeing as Gordon Elliott is shitting gold this week.

2.10 - 14 out of last 15 either novices or second season hurdlers - something ahead of the handicapper. Usually rated less than 140, therefore carrying around 11stone or less. Flying Tiger, Spiritofthegames and WILLIAM H BONNEY will all carry a bit of my cash.

2.50 - This will be a slog. Avoid a flashy type that's won a couple of novice hurdles in smooth fashion. It'll be a real grind. Usually has course form. I like something in this race with a bit of experience, and it often throws up an outsider. Like when Briar Hill fecking fell and Very Wood won at 33s. Wanted to cry then because I had Vautour, Faugheen and Briar Hill in doubles and trebles all winter. Dortmund Park and TOWER BRIDGE will do.

3.30 - Won't have failed in the race before, will have won over 3 miles, won't be aged 10 or over, won't be Djakadam. Might Bite, Road To Respect, Edwulf and Definitely Red fit the bill. At the prices, probably ROAD TO RESPECT for me.

4.10 - Irish do well in this, their hunters seem to be better than ours. Young up and coming hunters generally outperform experienced ex handicappers. I would have been all over Burning Ambition if it hadn't pissed it down all week, so I'll have UNIONISTE. I know the stat about older horses on the downgrade is a big one, but its more of a sentimental poke this as I once won a stack when Noel Fehily won a staying chase at Sandown a few years back.

4.50 - Similar to the County hurdle, it'll be a first or second season hurdler. Will have experience of a big field. Horses that have graded form generally do well. BLOW BY BLOW has a big weight to carry, but he's better than his current mark. Carter McKay is next best.

5.30 - The lucky last. Rated below 145 and 11stone. Novices go well, ahead of the handicapper. Nicky Henderson dying to win his dad's race so his horses generally are overbet. I'd be all over Dolos, but Nicholl's horses are running terribly so either Three Stars or SOME PLAN will do for me.

--

There we are lads. Easy as that.

• Paid Members

Some info for the last day. Hope it's a good one.

Triumph Hurdle

Apples Shakira will win and has won 3 times at Cheltenham this season. Radicean is worth an ew.

County Handicap hurdle
Jockey as important as the horse in this one. Bleu Et Rouge is a good horse with a top jockey and deserved favourite. Paul Townsend rides Meri Devie and he was the winning jockey last year so worth a punt. Moon Racer is worth a go ew as an outsider but unlikely to challenge the winners.

Albert Bartlett 
Santini looks a winner. Don't rule out Chris' Dream and Enniscoffey Oscar an outside bet. 

Gold Cup
any of Might Bite, Native River and Our Duke. If Might Bite turns up he should win as he's the best horse. Killutagh Vic worth an ew and Definitely Red could be up there with a bit of luck.

Foxhunters Chase
Anyones race. Wonderful Charm finished 2nd last year in this race and should go 1 better. Difficult to call though.

Martin Pipe
Mr Big Shot is ridden by the son of the guy the race is named after. Only horse entered by the son so he must be confident. Diese des Bieffes is in great form and should be up there. Blow by Blow liked by the jockeys and his trainer has won a lot of races this week.

Grand Annual Chase
North Hill Harvey has been aiming for this race. Should be a winner. Le Prezian struggled last year in this race as the favourite but has had a decent season and has a decent price for an ew. Top Gamble really fancied by the jockeys who thought he was being underestimated. Again worth an ew.
Edited by tiger_rick

Done a double of Apples Shakira and Santini £10 pays £125

and a £10 placepot of 
Apples Shakira 6/4
Ivanovich Gorbatov 20/1
Chef Des Obeaux 11/2
Road to Respect 10/1
Unioniste 16/1
Blow by blow 12/1

Edited by TildeGuy~!

A decent start. Farclas in at 9s and Spiritofthegames sneaking a place at 14s.

Picked the wrong outsider in that race, the winner going on at 33s. Tower Bridge plugged on for 6th.

The ground is shocking. Everyone needs to stop backing favourites, and look for outsiders at big prices who like the ground. It's a lottery today.

Edited by Max Power

I've done various 50p each way doubles and trebles today because I'm off work. After Farclas and Blow By Blow have gone in, if Three Stars, Some Plan or Born Survivor win the last I'll be looking at around a grand payout for a layout of just over 50 quid for the day.

Pray for Max Power.