The King Of Swing Posted August 15 Posted August 15 Battle Royale 2. Mainly the extended cut that was released on DVD. A largely dumb, poorly paced action movie, but I love it. Also the 'explain the rules of the game' scene being better than the original movies version, is a hill I'm willing to die on. The lead actor is fucking awful though, I'll concede that. Quote
TheHighlightReel Posted August 15 Posted August 15 16 hours ago, TibBo said: In the early 2000s Empire magazine used to give away free tickets to screeners and Road Trip was one of the first we saw. We also got tickets to Blair Witch 2 and Mission Impossible 2 though, so they weren’t always winners. Actually Mission Impossible 2 is probably one for me. I think it’s partly because of the plane landing in the second scene was one of my Dad’s favourite ways to show his surround sound system off to people so I ended up seeing it loads but yeah, I don’t have the hate for it most people do. And similarly to Road Trip, I love EuroTrip which is pretty much only ever spoken about for Matt Damon’s cameo. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted August 15 Posted August 15 I always get sucked into MI:2 by Limp Bizkit and then the slow mo takes me right out again. Quote
Paid Members SpiritOfTheForest Posted August 15 Paid Members Posted August 15 An American Werewolf in Paris. The lesser known follow up to the movie in England, this film has a more comedic tone. For esteemed cinephiles, it's likely a complete pile of garbage but I adore it - which I imagine will come entirely down to nostalgia. I watched it as a kid, loved it and still watch it every couple of years. It clearly doesn't take itself too seriously and it's just great FUN. If you don't mind horror, you could definitely do worse. Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted August 15 Moderators Posted August 15 1 hour ago, DavidB6937 said: I always get sucked into MI:2 by Limp Bizkit and then the slow mo takes me right out again. Fucking hell. For limp bizkit to be the high point of anything the rest of it must be seriously bad. Quote
Cannibal Man Posted August 15 Posted August 15 5 hours ago, TheHighlightReel said: I love EuroTrip which is pretty much only ever spoken about for Matt Damon’s cameo. "SING THE MANCHESTER UNITED SONG!!!!" Quote
Awards Moderator Frankie Crisp Posted August 15 Author Awards Moderator Posted August 15 I’m having no negativity around Mission: Impossible. The worst of them (which is 2, yes) is still better than most other action films and I’m not having them branded as crap. Me and @Devon Malcolm will thump you if you carry on with such nonsense. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted August 15 Paid Members Posted August 15 13 minutes ago, Frankie Crisp said: I’m having no negativity around Mission: Impossible. The worst of them (which is 2, yes) is still better than most other action films and I’m not having them branded as crap. Me and @Devon Malcolm will thump you if you carry on with such nonsense. 2 has grown on me over the years as well! It's precisely as mad as a John Woo Mission: Impossible film should be. The bike chase is brilliant. Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted August 16 Paid Members Posted August 16 On 8/14/2026 at 9:32 PM, Callum1993 said: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie for me. My absolute favourite film as a kid despite being terrified of Ivan Ooze. Rewatched it a couple of years ago and although it’s clearly shit it still had a lot of nostalgia for me Turbo: A Power Rangers Movie is even worse. Dare I stick Never Say Never Again in this list? I half jokingly say it's the best Connery Bond (when we all know it's From Russia With Love), but there's just something about it. I think it's the way it almost feels like an Asylum pictures version of a Bond movie in the way they almost tease some of the traditional Bond movie tropes but are just self aware enough to know they can't really do them without Connery giving a massive fourth wall destroying wink to the camera every time, apart from that last one. It could have been quite funny to see a moustachioed Dalton tongue in cheeking his way through another remake of it in the late 90s/early 2000s like McClory wanted to in order to keep the rights. Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted August 16 Paid Members Posted August 16 Mission Impossible 2 gets a pass because it’s got Thandiwe Newton when she was the most beautiful woman in the world. I enjoyed the fight scene between Cruise and Scott at the end. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted August 16 Members Posted August 16 We can't be having Bond and Mission Impossible films in this thread, come on now. Where's your Norths, your Monkey Troubles, your Andres? Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted August 16 Paid Members Posted August 16 20 hours ago, TheHighlightReel said: And similarly to Road Trip, I love EuroTrip which is pretty much only ever spoken about for Matt Damon’s cameo. Scotty Doesn’t Know! Quote
The Gaffer Posted August 16 Posted August 16 Is the Nic Cage Gone in 60 Seconds crap? I think it's considered so - or at least dull enough to never get a mention in the whole "Isn't Nic Cage crazy/weren't Bruckheimer films hilarious?" thing - but I'll throw that in as a suggestion, too. I was fighting its corner when all the cool kids at school were banging on about The Fast & The Furious but to me that was all flash compared to the barely suave anti-spectacle of Cage and his crew slowly chewing their way through bad dialogue and a list of 50 cars. There's a bit where he zones out listening to Lowrider, I've never been invested in Angelina Jolie as much again as when she had white dreads and Christopher Eccleston's thing is that he loves carpentry, hates steel but fronts a scrapyard. Quote
Joe Blog Posted August 16 Posted August 16 Blank cheque - utter rubbish but I used to watch it non stop. Sandlot kids - fairly sure I have gotten half of this film and little rascals mixed together in my brain. Richie Rich - another stinker of a film but so easy to watch and utterly ridiculous. Mention of Godzilla 98 has got me convinced I experienced a Mandela effect. I swear I saw a trailer for this where it’s a shot of a T-Rex skeleton in a museum and Godzilla’s leg and foot come through the roof and squash the skeleton flat. It never happens in the film. Quote
weevil Posted August 16 Posted August 16 here's the godzilla trailer. i think it was shot just for the trailer, and never intended as part of the film. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.