Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted August 14 Paid Members Posted August 14 9 minutes ago, Tim Healys Chutney Spoon said: Any of the 'Proper' American Pie films, up to The Wedding. I enjoys the wedding. Less of that ungrateful prick Jim. Quote
Tim Healys Chutney Spoon Posted August 14 Posted August 14 Just now, TheBurningRed said: I enjoys the wedding. Less of that ungrateful prick Jim. I meant up to the Wedding i enjoy, the shit after that can fuck off Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted August 14 Paid Members Posted August 14 7 minutes ago, Tim Healys Chutney Spoon said: I meant up to the Wedding i enjoy, the shit after that can fuck off Reunion was fun enough. Those spin offs are just shite. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted August 14 Members Posted August 14 My last rewatches were: American Pie (8), American Pie 2 (6), American Pie: The Wedding (4), American Pie: Reunion (6) I stand by it. The original is still great fun and a fantastic slice of the time. Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted August 14 Paid Members Posted August 14 Are the numbers the amount of times you rewatched them? Quote
Paid Members Callum1993 Posted August 14 Paid Members Posted August 14 Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie for me. My absolute favourite film as a kid despite being terrified of Ivan Ooze. Rewatched it a couple of years ago and although it’s clearly shit it still had a lot of nostalgia for me Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted August 14 Members Posted August 14 3 minutes ago, gmoney said: Are the numbers the amount of times you rewatched them? You should see the one for The Edge Of Seventeen. Goes off the screen. Quote
davertfnewman Posted August 14 Posted August 14 9 minutes ago, Callum1993 said: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie for me. My absolute favourite film as a kid despite being terrified of Ivan Ooze. Rewatched it a couple of years ago and although it’s clearly shit it still had a lot of nostalgia for me Beyond being a bad movie, it looks and sounds really poor too, but I was in the cinema to see it when it came out. Thinking of another movie that's poor quality sound and vision, there's Buddy's Song, which I first saw and also read in school and have some nostalgia for based on how dodgy it is. It did give us this legendary song, though: Quote
Awards Moderator Frankie Crisp Posted August 14 Author Awards Moderator Posted August 14 Just remembered another: The Day After Tomorrow. A fun jaunt but it’s utterly ridiculous. Donnie Darko actually running away from ice, and I don’t mean like modern day migrants in America. It’s so bloody stupid, but very good. Quick! Run away from the ice that’s chasing us - locking the door will solve it! Maybe Roland Emmerich is my go-to director for absolute nonsense. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted August 14 Members Posted August 14 Just now, Frankie Crisp said: Just remembered another: The Day After Tomorrow. That's a great film! And for a massive overblown disaster film, it feels quite grounded. Quote
Abe_Knuckleball_Schwartz Posted August 14 Posted August 14 Super Mario Bros The Movie 1993 - got awful reviews, the cast hated it as well as hated the Directors, but for some reason I love it. Before origin stories were a thing, this to me is a good origin story I got a copy of the Australian special edition box set of the film last year, which includes a great book about the film Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted August 14 Paid Members Posted August 14 8 minutes ago, Frankie Crisp said: Just remembered another: The Day After Tomorrow. A fun jaunt but it’s utterly ridiculous. Donnie Darko actually running away from ice, and I don’t mean like modern day migrants in America. It’s so bloody stupid, but very good. Quick! Run away from the ice that’s chasing us - locking the door will solve it! Maybe Roland Emmerich is my go-to director for absolute nonsense. Such a good laugh that film. As if the floods and the giant hailstones and then the sudden ice age weren't bad enough - introduce the wolves! Quote
TibBo Posted August 14 Posted August 14 It says a lot about me that I love a lot more of the films in here than I knew in the ‘Guess the film thread’… I’ll die on the hill that Road Trip is better than American Pie. In the early 2000s Empire magazine used to give away free tickets to screeners and Road Trip was one of the first we saw. We also got tickets to Blair Witch 2 and Mission Impossible 2 though, so they weren’t always winners. Men In Tights used to constantly be on one of the Sky Movies channels back in the day, which might be why it became so well-known? Quote
BarryOVega Posted August 15 Posted August 15 Blues Brothers 2000's only redeeming feature was the opening scene of Elwood waiting for Jake to pick him up from prison and one of the prison guards realising no one had told him he's dead, rest of it was shite Similarly, American Pie Band Camp I think it was, had a decent little scene where Stifler's brother has to go and see the camp counsellor or something who turns out to be The Shermanator, nice touch where the younger Stifler asks if everyone thought his brother was a knob and Shermanator sadly nods to the affirmative My pick would be ID, probably only considered bad due to some hideous dialogue as the plot and the acting are pretty decent, always enjoy watching it SHADWELL ARMY Quote
Merzbow Posted August 15 Posted August 15 Johnny Mnemonic's got to count, I don't think anyone can ever say it's good and it's the worst case of Hollywood seeing Cyberpunk and not "getting it" but I get a sick enjoyment out of how daft it is, I'd rather rewatch that than The Matrix which is just so try-hard (and gets John Woo wrong). Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.