DavidB6937 Posted July 28 Posted July 28 Bradley and Barney Walsh. Annoying? Absolutely, but both seem pretty decent and they've got a really nice bond on their TV show. Quote
Just Some Guy Posted July 28 Posted July 28 1 hour ago, SuperBacon said: Has he got a reputation then? I always thought he seemed well sound. He drunkenly asked me for a light outside a very posh restaurant in Weybridge once, he looked an absolute state and STILL very handsome. I thinks he's well known for being a twat on set. There's a story about the cast & crew of Fury Road hanging around for hours waiting for him to show up. Quote
Cousin Jim Bob Posted July 28 Posted July 28 Old friend of mine does bodyguard work for bigwigs, most of the time people like visiting sheikhs and princes, he has worked with the occasional celebrity though. Of which he always says that Dolly Parton is one of the nicest people he has ever met. Apparently the whole day was chaos with her hotel fucking up her booking, then the autograph signing event and the venue for her gig all fucking things up massively too. But she just laughed it all off and charmed everyone she met all day. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted July 28 Paid Members Posted July 28 Famously, she would be a billionaire if she hadn't used so much of her money on setting up literacy schemes for so many people. Dolly absolutely belongs in this thread. Quote
wordsfromlee Posted July 28 Posted July 28 2 hours ago, Just Some Guy said: I thinks he's well known for being a twat on set. There's a story about the cast & crew of Fury Road hanging around for hours waiting for him to show up. He's not long been fired from that TV show Mobland too if I remember correctly. Quote
deathrey Posted July 28 Posted July 28 28 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said: He's not long been fired from that TV show Mobland too if I remember correctly. That was apparently more to do with a falling out with Helen Mirren who is a strong supporter of Israel and Tom is pretty vocal in his support of Gaza. I will always have time for Tom Hardy, he is always nice where it counts and is a big and vocal supporter of the autistic community to which he also belongs. Quote
Mr_Danger Posted July 28 Posted July 28 Not only is Neville Southall a wonderful person who advocates for loads of worthy causes but he’s the only man in post world war 2 history to pull off that tache. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted July 28 Members Posted July 28 7 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said: Not only is Neville Southall a wonderful person who advocates for loads of worthy causes but he’s the only man in post world war 2 history to pull off that tache. I used to have to go to Chelseas training ground in Cobham for work once a month, and I once saw him there with Evertons youth team and we had a 5ish minute chat, and he was absolutely lovely. Ribbed me a bit about the 1995 FA Cup semi final when he found out who I supported and we had a right laugh. He is the biggest human I have ever met, he was absolutely massive. Quote
MVP RULZ Posted July 28 Posted July 28 Jack Black seems a good shout for this thread Always comes across stories of him being stopped in public and being genuinely nice and giving time to people he meets, does charity work and doesn't look to have a big ego and seems down to earth Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted July 28 Posted July 28 Alex Horne seems a thoroughly good egg. Miles Jupp, too. Quote
Paid Members JLM Posted July 28 Paid Members Posted July 28 (edited) My mum used to work at a special needs school. David James popped in to join P.E. lessons from time to time and let the kids take penalties against him. Never any local press or fanfare about it and he'd always stay for a couple of hours and make sure everyone got autographs and photos before he went. Can't vouch for him outside of that but always thought it was nice of him to do. My ma also nabbed an autograph for me on one of his visits. This was later in his career but I was still really chuffed as I had been the proud owner of one of these bad boys when I was 11: My uncle used to make fun of me because it looked like I was wearing an apron. It annoyed me greatly. Good times. Edited July 28 by JLM Quote
Paid Members Cod Eye Posted July 29 Paid Members Posted July 29 16 hours ago, SuperBacon said: Has he got a reputation then? I always thought he seemed well sound. He drunkenly asked me for a light outside a very posh restaurant in Weybridge once, he looked an absolute state and STILL very handsome. Honestly dont know. It's just what she said when talking about him. She basically described him as an "everyman sort" away from the camera, and just liked to sit watching Tv, have a drink(and a smoke at the time) while snacking. He hated the "Hollywood" side of the movie industry, if that makes sense. And I agree about the handsomeness. I think I'd get fanny flutters if I spoke to him and I dont even have a fanny! Quote
Paid Members Cod Eye Posted July 29 Paid Members Posted July 29 10 hours ago, MVP RULZ said: Jack Black seems a good shout for this thread Always comes across stories of him being stopped in public and being genuinely nice and giving time to people he meets, does charity work and doesn't look to have a big ego and seems down to earth This is another one my friend says is just an amazing person. His personal hygiene really lets him down though by all accounts. Going on-topic(or is it classed as off topic in here?), Roddy Piper always seemed like a genuinely polite and kind hearted person when you hear him speak away from a wrestling setting, or what others say about him. I can imagine he could have been a bit of a nightmare when on the coke, but lets be fair, who isnt? Was trying to think of other wrestlers who may fit this bill too? Anyone have any? Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted July 29 Posted July 29 (edited) The two most handsome men i've ever been in the same room as were Tom Hardy and Bradley Cooper. I say 'same room as', because it was just in London gyms and I didn't have the chutzpah to speak to them. Bradley Cooper pipped it, though. It'd have been between 2012-2015 I think, at Legend's Boxing Gym under the arches at Kew Bridge. He was dating Suki Waterhouse (I think), and her old man trained there so he popped in to say hello. Tom Hardy was around the same time. There is/was a Carlson Gracie BJJ gym near Goldhawk Road, ran and owned by a guy who was also like an Oscar winning sound guy. I think he did Guardians of the Galaxy. If it's still there, and you want to meet a famous person, that gym is a big recommend. Edited July 29 by d-d-d-dAz Wrong tube stop. Quote
Merzbow Posted July 29 Posted July 29 (edited) 10 hours ago, MVP RULZ said: Jack Black seems a good shout for this thread Always comes across stories of him being stopped in public and being genuinely nice and giving time to people he meets, does charity work and doesn't look to have a big ego and seems down to earth I don't think Kyle Gass would agree, Jack probably is generally lovely but I can't get over him sacking his own mate from the band for doing the very evil thing... mocking Trump. Edited July 29 by Merzbow Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.