Paid Members tiger_rick Posted July 27 Paid Members Posted July 27 (edited) He's an England captain at a World Cup in America playing golf with the president. I don't think there's any time in history (of the World Cup) where that wouldn't have happened but point taken. Edited July 27 by tiger_rick Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted July 27 Paid Members Posted July 27 He would have shown excellent leadership, captaining as he was a multi-cultural squad, if he'd have not played golf with Donald Trump. He could have taken a stance that would have mattered to millions. But unfortunately he's very, very thick. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted July 27 Members Posted July 27 30 minutes ago, tiger_rick said: Hopefully won't drag this into football territory for those who aren't fans but given he's the England captain, I think it's worth a mention. You have to be some sort of tribal cretin to find anything against Harry Kane. He seems an incredible family man, is a great role model and a real modern day Gary Lineker. I'm past caring what players do to be honest, but I was incredibly disappointed to find out he played golf with Trump. What that actually looks like, did he just go to one of his courses, say hello and play a round on his own, or did he actually play a round with him, I have no idea and only they know, but yeah it's disappointing to find out. Not for me, I'm 41 and don't take my moral cues from football players, but for children that do look up to him. I'd agree on everything else though. 30 minutes ago, tiger_rick said: I'd add Lineker too. He was a brilliant footballer and is a phenomonal broadcaster. For the crimes of being paid what he's worth and having a social concience, he's vilified (by morons). I've never seen anything from him that didn't make me think he's thoroughly decent. A top lad, and clearly Tottenhams greatest ever striker. Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted July 27 Paid Members Posted July 27 1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said: He would have shown excellent leadership, captaining as he was a multi-cultural squad, if he'd have not played golf with Donald Trump. He could have taken a stance that would have mattered to millions. But unfortunately he's very, very thick. I think that's a very naive take. It would have made it a huge incident and overshadowed the squad and the tournament. I do understand it's divisive though. I retract Harry Kane! Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted July 27 Paid Members Posted July 27 31 minutes ago, tiger_rick said: I think that's a very naive take. It would have made it a huge incident and overshadowed the squad and the tournament. It's not naive though. It would have created a huge incident, you're right, and that's what true advocacy should create. Not that Kane has ever advocated for anything that Trump is against - that I know of, I don't keep a checklist of what he stands for or against, if anything. But I just wonder how Djed Spence especially felt about his captain doing that. Quote
King Coconut Posted July 27 Posted July 27 He didn't play golf during the World Cup, he admitted it during the World Cup. The actual game was nearly 2 years ago. Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted July 27 Paid Members Posted July 27 (edited) 7 minutes ago, King Coconut said: He didn't play golf during the World Cup, he admitted it during the World Cup. The actual game was nearly 2 years ago. Yeah, I've got the wrong end of the stick and apologise to @Devon Malcolm for a misinformed post. Edited July 27 by tiger_rick Quote
Harry Wiseau Posted July 27 Posted July 27 Weird Al seems like a decent chap, turned down a million dollars to play the Saudi comedy thing recently, avoids swearing because kids listen to his music, just seems like a really nice (regardless of how he's portrayed in Weird!) Quote
Vegeta Posted July 27 Posted July 27 Played golf with Gareth Bale 3 times now, lovely fella. I reminded him that years ago when he was playing for spurs my mate was driving me to our Saturday football league match, only local but we nearly had a collision with his jeep when he came to check we were okay we said yeah as long as you play for us today he laughed and said he had places to be, but doesn't remember it happening. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted July 27 Members Posted July 27 3 minutes ago, Vegeta said: Played golf with Gareth Bale 3 times now, lovely fella. I reminded him that years ago when he was playing for spurs my mate was driving me to our Saturday football league match, only local but we nearly had a collision with his jeep when he came to check we were okay we said yeah as long as you play for us today he laughed and said he had places to be, but doesn't remember it happening. This makes me so so happy. I know a lad who knows his family and he'd tell me that kids would leave loads of stuff outside his mums house in a box, and it'd always get signed and put back in the box at some point, without fail. A tiny thing but always reminds me he is a good guy. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted July 27 Paid Members Posted July 27 1 hour ago, tiger_rick said: Yeah, I've got the wrong end of the stick and apologise to @Devon Malcolm for a misinformed post. No apology necessary at all. Let's talk about lovely people again. I assume Ms. Rachel is a slam-dunk. Quote
Chili Posted July 27 Posted July 27 Do we include the dearly departed? Because with the exception of how he ditched Lise Mayer, you don't hear or to my own knowledge know many stories of Rik Mayall being anything but a great bunch of lads. Quote
wordsfromlee Posted July 27 Posted July 27 Friend of the forum Dr Hannah Fry. She seems like a right laugh and I bet she’d be great fun to hang out with. Quote
lars85 Posted July 27 Posted July 27 Tony Hawk always comes across really well. Please nobody prove me wrong. Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted July 27 Paid Members Posted July 27 Tony Hawk, singular, the extreme sportsperson or Tony Hawks, plural, the comedian? I reckon Daniel Radcliffe is possibly a decent chap. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.