Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Awards Moderator
Posted

Now, obviously in most cases we only see the side of people that they or their social media/PR team want us to see, but a lot of wronguns are usually on borrowed time and there are stories of them being such in the public domain.

But which famous people come across as genuine and lovely from what you’ve seen or heard? 

I’ll start with a few:

Ben Shephard

IMG_0929.thumb.webp.6f6c503138299b328162a0413e29f8fb.webp

Whether it’s hosting Tipping Point, morning shows or back in the day with the footy highlights on a Sunday morning, he’s always come across as a dead nice, genuine bloke. I understand he supports some worthwhile charities, too. 

Robert Smith

IMG_0930.jpeg.c0bbd11cc1ec74d48a483622c326ab6d.jpeg

Oh, Bob. He is of course somewhat quirky and aloof but for decades has come across as the nicest man in the world. And he’s very, very funny and he hates Morrissey, so he’ll do me.

Tom Morello

IMG_0932.thumb.jpeg.dd4cf08ed8a4d6762d226ee956c1f30b.jpeg

Now in this instance, lovely doesn’t mean awww, he’d be good to sit with my Nan, but lovely in a way that he’s got the most incredible moral compass, stands up for what’s right and wants to see social justice for all. He lost his Mum a week or so ago and he’s already founded the Mary Morello Foundation to help raise money and awareness for those less fortunate.

Sue Johnston

IMG_0934.thumb.jpeg.d40d04809883c64253f99452338bf36a.jpeg

Our Sheila! She’s been around for absolutely ages and nobody seems to have a bad word to say about her, plus she’s been committed to local and national charity work for as long as I can remember. And if she can pretend kiss Ricky Tomlinson in various guises since the eighties without vomiting or giving him some Trebor Mints, she must have a heart of gold.

There’s every chance that if this thread gets to a few pages, someone will contradict a previous post by proving a so-called nice person has got criminal convictions or is a bigot or listens to Ed Sheeran or buys picky bits for their holibobs, but let’s see how we get on.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Ray Winstone.  Despite being a Hammer. He's always come across as a decent chap when I've seen him in interviews.  He came into one of the pubs I frequent back when West Ham played Ipswich in the Championship play offs and he bought everyone a drink and engaged with all the locals. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

I agree with you on Ben Shepherd. He seems to get a lot of stick online but he seems like a nice, genuine bloke. Not annoying. Not everywhere that you’d be sick of him. Always enjoyed him and Kammy together on Goals on Sunday. 

Posted

There's too many stories of Robert Smith forcing himself onto people for my liking really, even if it is clouded in quirkyness

1 hour ago, Frankie Crisp said:

 he’ll do me.

Possibly

  • Paid Members
Posted

My friend works at a restaurant attached to a vineyard in Los Angeles and told me Melissa McCarthy was one of the nicest customers they've ever had.

Posted

I know he's not every ones cup of tea but Tom Holland seems like a thoroughly, thoroughly lovely young man. I've not heard anyone who has met hin say anything but nice things about him. He is someone I wouldn't mind being stuck in a lift with.

 

Posted

I think many of us are just jealous he's with Zendaya.. but he does seem lovely and if he's good friends with Hunter Schafer he's alright in my book.

Posted

Doctor Amir from daytime TV and that GP reality show on Five, never seems to talk down to the public when explaining medical stuff

I could name loads from listening to panels at Comic Cons but among them are David Yost from Power Rangers, Sam ‘Flash Gordon’ Jones, Zach Galligan, Alex Vincent, Grant Gustin and Ralph Macchio

Posted

Dr Amir is a great shout! Such an endearing person, and really down to earth. I follow him on Instagram and love how he doesn't take himself too seriously, he happily shares stories of all the stupid stuff he does like getting in to someone else's car the other week when he was at the supermarket (it was the same as his car).

  • Paid Members
Posted

Hopefully won't drag this into football territory for those who aren't fans but given he's the England captain, I think it's worth a mention. You have to be some sort of tribal cretin to find anything against Harry Kane. He seems an incredible family man, is a great role model and a real modern day Gary Lineker. 

I'd add Lineker too. He was a brilliant footballer and is a phenomonal broadcaster. For the crimes of being paid what he's worth and having a social concience, he's vilified (by morons). I've never seen anything from him that didn't make me think he's thoroughly decent.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...