Paid Members Statto Posted April 16 Paid Members Posted April 16 Me and my mate Craig have a probably 20-year standing arrangement of texting each other our Wrestlemania predictions on the day of the show. Having watched basically none of the build, I'll be very much stabbing in the dark this year but I was toying with predicting "McAfee somehow leaves as champion" for the Saturday main event. Definitely doing that now. Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted April 16 Posted April 16 Is anyone else firmly in ‘couldn’t give a shit’ territory with this years Mania? There have been previous years where I’ve been less than enthusiastic going into the show, but this year is the first where I genuinely feel like I’m completely done. Which is a real shame, because even in bad years I’d go into the show thinking “it’s Wrestlemania, they’ll get it right on the night” and there would be a huge angle or big pay off to a feud and we’d be off again after the show was done, proper “just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in” stuff. This year we have a Main Event where Pat McAfee’s presence in the pro wrestling industry is on the line. How the hell has it come to this? Quote
Paid Members I Bent My Wookie Posted April 16 Paid Members Posted April 16 Me and a mate have cancelled watching it together because he doesn't want to pay for a taxi back from mine Monday morning as his cars failed its MOT. Its literally a walk away home and we're so sure it'll be awful we aren't making the other one stay awake until 4am. Quote
NeverYield Posted April 17 Posted April 17 Me and the same group have met up/talked about WrestleMania for years, ever since we were younger, and we're all in agreement that this years build up and "feel" isnt there. However Im gonna make an attempt of it, definitely night 1, and as much of night 2 as possible although I do struggle to stay up into the small hours these days, and the thought of turning up to lay bricks with my eyes hanging out of my head after a lacklustre 'Mania is making me angry already 😁 But yeah, Im gonna get some snacks in today, think on what Im gonna have for a main meal and try and enjoy myself. Quote
Olly1984 Posted April 17 Posted April 17 2 minutes ago, NeverYield said: 😁 But yeah, Im gonna get some snacks in today, think on what Im gonna have for a main meal and try and enjoy myself. Gotta be a chippy tea surely matey🤔 Quote
TheScarlettChad Posted April 17 Posted April 17 I'll be watching live on Saturday at least. It's Mania. But I have a few things to do on Monday so fuck watching live. Quote
NeverYield Posted April 17 Posted April 17 10 minutes ago, Olly1984 said: Gotta be a chippy tea surely matey🤔 It may well be, there is a decent one right at the bottom of my road that I like to use. Or it might be a chicken or lamb madras, I do enjoy Indian. 7 minutes ago, Ralphy said: please Remind me not to sit on the wall you build on Monday if you stay up to watch Well, here we go, the mania madness is going to start from late tonight (meaning the HOF) and im actually still holding hope it will be good It would likely have the structural integrity of this years 'Mania build up 😅 Yeah Im hoping so too. Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted April 17 Posted April 17 I actually think Mania will deliver as a standalone WWE show. I think they're still pretty good at pomp, pagentry and WWE style matches; even if the route there leaves a lot to be desired. Solid money these days for big WWE shows is always on 'good, not great, too many adverts; still won't bother with Raw and Smackdown though.' Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted April 17 Members Posted April 17 32 minutes ago, Olly1984 said: Gotta be a chippy tea surely matey🤔 The problem with a chippy for it is by the time Mania starts, it'll be cold. The latest any chippy is open around here is 11. 29 minutes ago, Ralphy said: Quick thought, i wonder if this will be punks last Mania as a performer in the states due to Mania from $audi Arabia? He will be only about 4 months from being 50 by the time Mania once again is stateside Why wouldn't Punk be at the Saudi one? He'll be there. Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted April 17 Paid Members Posted April 17 11 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said: Is anyone else firmly in ‘couldn’t give a shit’ territory with this years Mania? Completely. I don't watch WWE any more, but would usually reliably check in for Wrestlemania, even if it left me feeling a bit grubby. With the exception of one or two matches, I found last year's absolutely rotten, and saw so many people praising parts of it that I thought were dogshit, it couldn't have been a clearer indicator that even without any moral objections to the company, WWE's approach to wrestling has never been further away from what I want to watch. Since then, the only WWE show I've seen even in part was John Cena's retirement show, and that was because I had a housewarming party that night and some friends there wanted to watch it. I didn't watch the Royal Rumble, because even without the Saudi issue, I realised I just didn't give a shit. The first time I haven't watched a Royal Rumble since 2001. If it's just me and the other half, I don't think we will watch it. I probably wouldn't have watched last year's Wrestlemania if it weren't for friends inviting us to a viewing party. It's a mate's birthday do on Saturday, and he's said he'd be interested in watching it if he happens to still be awake, so maybe I end up watching the Saturday show if we've got company. And even then no guarantee I watch Sunday. Quote
The King of Old School Posted April 17 Posted April 17 (edited) Fair play to anyone who stays up and watches any WWE event live, I get there is probably more scope for doing it for a Mania but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I remember doing it for 17 for The Rock/Austin match, and I did it again the year after for the Rock/Hogan match, but have never stayed up for any event since. I'll watch it but will be over various sittings and will probably take me most of the week to get through to be honest. Bring back 3 hour Mania's where you could still get 9/10 matches on the card and nothing felt rushed. Edited April 17 by The King of Old School Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted April 17 Paid Members Posted April 17 Crazy of Cody to give away his Mania entrance at WWE World a few days prior. Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted April 17 Paid Members Posted April 17 Lindsey Buckingham looks great. Quote
Chico Torres Posted April 17 Posted April 17 Interesting choice to base his look on racist Dutch politician Geert Wilders Quote
Kfogg1991 Posted April 17 Posted April 17 I agree with the mindset about not feeling it or caring for mania this year really. It was only last night when talking to a friend I realised I barely care or have excitement or real interest in Much on the mania cards and maybe this will make me sound ridiculous but the the complete disrespect and disregard they have given to us the fans with the only care and important part has been money and sales that's it. But also to the people on their roster who have given so much all year but aren't even on the card is making me feel disgusted for those guys. For example iyo sky not having a match but danhousen getting a long segment with the likes of Cena or whatever shows the level of product were getting. I stayed up and enjoyed all the shows last night on the collective and I'm doing the same tonight and I'll sleep and watch the following day for mania Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.