Paid Members FLips Posted April 6 Paid Members Posted April 6 I’ve got no problem with the Rhodes vs Orton thing being turned into a celebrity tag match or whatever it ends up being. Worked for Hogan and Mr T, worked for DDP and Karl Malone, worked for Sami Zayn vs Johnny Knoxville. Celebrity involvement in the big shows now, then, forever. Who cares. Rhodes vs Orton is probably gonna be crap regardless. In terms of rest of the card, it’s lining up to be a total dud isn’t it? Oba Femi vs Brock and Punk vs Roman are the only matches I’m remotely interested in. The rest of the card is shit you’d see clogging up Raw and Smackdown. Cody Rhodes needs a heel turn and sharp though. 2-3 years as the big babyface and he’s doing Disco Inferno worked shoots on the flagship show. He needs a Hollywood Hogan moment but this being modern WWE they’ll push him as a face until he’s ice cold and then try something when nobody cares anymore. Quote
Paid Members Kamran Posted April 7 Author Paid Members Posted April 7 WWE have confirmed the matches for each night: Quote
DavidB6937 Posted April 7 Posted April 7 Lesnar/Femi will either be a great way to start the night or kill the crowd dead. Really interested to see what way they go with it. Quote
Sabina Posted April 7 Posted April 7 Night 1 has the women's matches I am interested in, since I don't care about Rhea/Jade, so I will pay more attention to that one compared to Night 2. Quote
JohnnySalvation Posted April 8 Posted April 8 Hey guys, long time browser, first time poster. Didn’t want to create a new topic so thought I’d ask in here. I’m over in London (live in Northern Ireland / North of Ireland) for a card convention at the ExCel on WM weekend and was wondering if there are any WM parties in the city? The more central the better. Quote
TheScarlettChad Posted April 8 Posted April 8 6 hours ago, JohnnySalvation said: Hey guys, long time browser, first time poster. Didn’t want to create a new topic so thought I’d ask in here. I’m over in London (live in Northern Ireland / North of Ireland) for a card convention at the ExCel on WM weekend and was wondering if there are any WM parties in the city? The more central the better. Are these even a thing anymore? I found one by just typing in WM Watch Party London and the only one it came up with was in Birmingham Quote
SoloJones Posted April 8 Posted April 8 Viewing parties sort of died out didn't they? If I remember correctly, since the move to Netflix very few places had licences that allowed them to watch legally. Quote
Paid Members mim731 Posted April 8 Paid Members Posted April 8 6 hours ago, JohnnySalvation said: Hey guys, long time browser, first time poster. Didn’t want to create a new topic so thought I’d ask in here. I’m over in London (live in Northern Ireland / North of Ireland) for a card convention at the ExCel on WM weekend and was wondering if there are any WM parties in the city? The more central the better. Welcome! As I understand it unfortunately it's much harder to run these now they're on Netflix due to the way public screening licenses work and there are precious few nowadays. You might find a sports bar somewhere showing it, but a full scale watch party is less likely. Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted April 8 Paid Members Posted April 8 Is that it?? Lot of guys will be disappointed to not be wrestling. Thats crap considering they have two whole nights. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted April 8 Paid Members Posted April 8 6 minutes ago, air_raid said: Is that it?? Lot of guys will be disappointed to not be wrestling. Thats crap considering they have two whole nights. I agree but they’ll go about 4 hours each night and with all the ads, sponsor spots and elaborate entrances that’s all they can fit in. im pretty sure During the Rumble the time between the Gunther match bell ring and the bell ringing for the Drew match was just over 20 minutes. Quote
TheScarlettChad Posted April 8 Posted April 8 8 minutes ago, air_raid said: Is that it?? Lot of guys will be disappointed to not be wrestling. Thats crap considering they have two whole nights. Get a bonkers battle Royal going. 50 man, winner gets a title match later on Quote
DavidB6937 Posted April 8 Posted April 8 Throw in recaps, Hall of Fame stuff, random Austin appearance, Danhausen, whatever else. Yeah they'll have plenty to fill the time. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted April 8 Members Posted April 8 1 hour ago, mim731 said: Welcome! As I understand it unfortunately it's much harder to run these now they're on Netflix due to the way public screening licenses work and there are precious few nowadays. You might find a sports bar somewhere showing it, but a full scale watch party is less likely. Correct. My ex works at a space down in Southampton and wanted to show it, but it was Netflix that blocked them doing so. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted April 9 Paid Members Posted April 9 Officially the second most exciting match after Brock vs. Oba. This is how The World will be watching when Jelly Roll walks out as Danhausen’s partner, in the Danhausen face paint. Quote
The Reverend Posted April 9 Posted April 9 21 hours ago, SoloJones said: Viewing parties sort of died out didn't they? If I remember correctly, since the move to Netflix very few places had licences that allowed them to watch legally. Yep - sadly Netflix really killed it. Plus there's not so many places to host them either. The places I went to before - Walkabout and Belushi's are long gone. In a way I'm not disappointed. My enjoyment seriously lagged as the years went on. Nowadays I'm quite happy with the peace of watching at home. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.