Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted

Looking at this card, to paraphrase an old mate of mine, as WrestleManias go it would make a decent SummerSlam.

Posted
3 hours ago, TheScarlettChad said:

Why does running Vegas twice in two years matter? Summerslam was in LA for 5 years. And then NY for 5. 

It matters because it's one of the most expensive states in America.

You have tickets, flights, hotels, food and necessitys it's not easy or cheap two years in a row. Also now with everything going on flights are becoming a task for some places on top damn right it's a massive factor sales are struggling, it's also they have lost a percentage of fans that have turned away from the big boom period aswell.

Having to significantly slash ticket prices just to sell them is a significant sign for Paul and the company they have killed the buzz and must watch and get tickets for XYZ event there doing.

They've currently got no major headline storylines that matter or weak thrown together programming it is night and day from having the bloodline dominating it all that changed the game to this current weekly raw and smackdown that feels empty.

 

However the matches for it are strong and should deliver on the night.

  • Paid Members
Posted
21 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

It matters because it's one of the most expensive states in America.

It's not a state, it's a city. Nor is it one of the most expensive ones in America. 

  • Members
Posted

Is Vegas not one of the cheaper places to fly to in the States? I always thought it was easy and cheap(ish) to get to and stay, if you were on a budget.

  • Members
Posted
26 minutes ago, TheScarlettChad said:

Is anywhere in America cheap to fly to and stay? I can't afford Mania tickets, Hotels and food etc. Its all expensive.

No, I meant comparatively. 

Posted

Flights from here arent ridiculous considering it's the other side of America. Hotels - plenty of options, doesnt have to be expensive. Food - plenty of options, doesnt have to be expensive.

They'll have definitely had a bunch of overseas people not go if they went last year just because it is like a mini holiday for some and no need to do Vegas again.

It'll very much be a combination of that, insane ticket prices across the board, a lot of people not wanting to go to America etc. I dont think it's one specific thing.

The card is pretty looking pretty strong to be fair. 

Posted

I do wonder if the World Cup being in America later this year is also having an effect? If you liked Wrestling and Football, and you could afford a week in America, there's a good chance you will choose to go to the football.

Posted
22 hours ago, Kfogg1991 said:

On paper the matches are pretty strong and decent..... it's the manner of getting there and the build and storytelling given to make it a complete package for such a spectacle event not only for them the company but for the WWE universe they claim to listen to and prioritise.

Now we clearly know that isn't the truth they cater to shareholders, investors and networks/platforms not the fans who continue to tune in for raw and smackdown each and every week. Who fill seats at live events even though they make it more expensive than they pay for rent and bills. 

We get told to stop complaining or thoughts on things like running las Vegas two years consecutively shouldn't matter or be true for why tickets are so low and are barely selling and not anywhere close to the metrics for last year, they genuinely can't believe it but next year when mania is in Saudi Arabia (if it still is which has a question mark right now) it's the last wrestlemania in America for two years and the road to get there has been lazy, uninspired, without storytelling and hype for everything bar maybe four or five matches with the punk Vs Roman match having the longest time and build at 8 weeks not saying it's been perfect with the same RAW end segment constantly but it's more interaction and time compared to the rest.

 

This actually matters for fans returning to such a highly expensive state like Vegas for a second year in a row

 

(If and when you disagree I ask too refrain for taking the piss for once) 

Tbh - does it really matter. This is a genuine question - do people go to WM for the actual matches or because it's the experience of being at the grandeur of WM? I do completely get that if it was a major unseen match (Reigns vs The Rock I'm guessing would be big business - I don't really follow things too closely to know which 'dream matches' we haven't seen) people would go for that, but personally, because WM  always seems a bit hit and miss anyway, the matches are what they are. I know I'm going to see wrestling and with a crowd that big the atmosphere is going to be mad for every match, but I would go for the experience of being at a WM and everything that goes with it. 

I can see why the WWE have not really hyped anything, why do the work when the name of Wrestlemania sells itself? It could be that not pushing things more has been the reason for bad ticket sales, but I don't 100% believe that. I think it's more that prices have gone up with not only tickets, but also they would've done in travel and accommodation (as what happens whenever there's a well attended event) and I also believe that Vegas two years on the bounce is too much. If you've done Vegas (and by that I mean your own personal choice of Vegas) then there's not too much to draw you back. A lot of overseas spectators (who do make up a large section of the audience) will combine the event with having it as a bit of a holiday and ticking a city off the list - if you've done Vegas then you may as well save the money until you can go somewhere new. All of this is of course just MO. 

Posted

You make a valid point I guess but I think they're making that point redundant and rarer than it was with the higher and higher ticket prices and everything else.

If I'm thinking of attending a mania event with my kids say for example that would cost 3000 just on tickets alone......I am not making that commitment for a lackluster lineup and fitting match card from their side.

I think it's the mindset that just attending a live event or PLE is a privilege from the WWE and they don't have any responsibility to make it as exciting and your money's worth and that's what I don't understand it doesn't work in any other side of entertainment....

If I booked another festival ever again and on the day you see the lineup and it isn't close to my previous without advertising or promotion and the response was well you paid for being at hang tight fest not the lineup of bands (I am well aware it's not the same universe before the hilarity begins) it seems if you go to a WWE event for the ungodly prices they now charge you can't have a voice about the quality on their side which is mental to me you just accept it because you should.

Posted

WWE is the brand. WrestleMania sells a year in advance. Before any matches are announced. People will absolutely go regardless of the card. 

  • Members
Posted
57 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

If I booked another festival ever again and on the day you see the lineup and it isn't close to my previous without advertising or promotion and the response was well you paid for being at hang tight fest not the lineup of bands

I'm not sure you can use that as an example. Wrestling is an ever changing product with storylines that evolve weekly sometimes. It's just not the same thing. Of course people would be pissed off if what you advertised changed, but that's not what has happened here (at least yet)

Also I know people that go to festivals regardless of the line ups. They're mental obviously but each to their own.

57 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

(I am well aware it's not the same universe before the hilarity begins)

Calm down brother.

58 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

it seems if you go to a WWE event for the ungodly prices they now charge you can't have a voice about the quality on their side which is mental to me you just accept it because you should.

Of course you can have a voice about it. If you don't feel the product is up to scratch then that's fine. As other people have said, a lot of people go to Wrestlemania, and probably would regardless of the card, or at the very least the upper card, so your points are a bit moot. The people shelling out for those ridiculous prices are massive WWE fans, not casual fans. That is sad of course, as most people have been priced out, but that's capitalism baby!

I've given up the dream of going to a Mania, and I don't think I'm arsed anymore. I actually think I'd prefer to attend a Rumble if I was ever to.

Posted
1 hour ago, Kfogg1991 said:

You make a valid point I guess but I think they're making that point redundant and rarer than it was with the higher and higher ticket prices and everything else.

If I'm thinking of attending a mania event with my kids say for example that would cost 3000 just on tickets alone......I am not making that commitment for a lackluster lineup and fitting match card from their side.

I think it's the mindset that just attending a live event or PLE is a privilege from the WWE and they don't have any responsibility to make it as exciting and your money's worth and that's what I don't understand it doesn't work in any other side of entertainment....

If I booked another festival ever again and on the day you see the lineup and it isn't close to my previous without advertising or promotion and the response was well you paid for being at hang tight fest not the lineup of bands (I am well aware it's not the same universe before the hilarity begins) it seems if you go to a WWE event for the ungodly prices they now charge you can't have a voice about the quality on their side which is mental to me you just accept it because you should.

But that's the thing - that's your opinion and your mindset as to how/why/when you'd buy tickets etc. Completely legitimate by the way, and I'm sure you're not the only one to take that viewpoint on attending a PLE in America (or even here!).

BUT WrestleMania has always been WrestleMania. WWE has always been WWE. Thousands upon thousands of people year after year after year will simply buy the tickets because they want to go to the biggest PLEs or just see WWE live. That's just how it works.

Most of the live events don't have line ups announced ahead of time. Same with the TV tapings. There's assumptions that you might see certain wrestlers or whatever but so much of it is just sold on being there.

As for the idea that no one can be vocal about it.. well, that's rubbish. People are vocal all the time.

Posted

A festival has to tell you whose going to be there, Because otherwise why would you go? Wrestlemania, you know what you're getting. A card with a ton of big matches, and maybe a dream match or a part timer returning to work a full time or another part timer. You know what you're getting. Its like McDonalds. Is it crap? Yes. Is it a guilty pleasure? Yes. Is it consistent? Yes. And that's a comfort. WWE doesn't need to sell you on anything. You see the words "WRESTLEMANIA!" and if you're a die hard WWE fan with more money than sense? They could put on Simon Dean vs The Gobbly Gooker and people would still turn up.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...