Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted May 3, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 3, 2025 8 hours ago, Callum1993 said: As well as a load of backstage staff WWE have started their annual post Mania release of the talent roster. - Katana Chance Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted May 3, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 3, 2025 8 minutes ago, Supremo said: the only one I’d consider worth bringing into AEW is Strowman. There’s still money to be made in the silly Cartoon Hardcore matches he had with the likes of Jacob Fatu and Bronson Reed. I bet Big Bill or Lance Archer could have a great one. Control your narrative. I don't think I'd want to see him long term but would definitely enjoy him being brought in as a monster of the week type thing. Darby Allin vs Braun Strowman as a one off would be the craziest/funniest match of all time. Quote
wordsfromlee Posted May 3, 2025 Posted May 3, 2025 Strowman can go back to controlling his narrative. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted May 3, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 3, 2025 A potential Darby Allin vs. Jacob Fatu match has now entered my brain and I worry I won’t think about anything else for the rest of my life. Quote
Paid Members Arch Stanton Posted May 3, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 3, 2025 2 minutes ago, Supremo said: A potential Darby Allin vs. Jacob Fatu match has now entered my brain and I worry I won’t think about anything else for the rest of my life. Quote
Paid Members I Bent My Wookie Posted May 3, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 3, 2025 Weirdly Dakota Kai seemed imminent. She posted this week about finally growing her hair out after years of plugs and extensions and I said to myself "that's a very posted WWE look". Hoping they all land on their feet. Cora Jade feels like a full time move to TNA would be best, while trying to keep her knees healthy. I did expect her to go with the relationship drama she has going on with Thea Hail who feels like she has more upstart. The Meta Four releases made me painfully laugh though. Literally on TV plugging how it's time for everyone to split and shine on Tuesday, 2 fired on Friday. Rough. Quote
Paid Members Arch Stanton Posted May 3, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 3, 2025 2 minutes ago, I Bent My Wookie said: The Meta Four releases made me painfully laugh though. Literally on TV plugging how it's time for everyone to split and shine on Tuesday, 2 fired on Friday. Rough. Ouch! I haven't seen this week's NXT yet, but that's brutal! Quote
Paid Members I Bent My Wookie Posted May 3, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 3, 2025 9 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said: Ouch! I haven't seen this week's NXT yet, but that's brutal! The segment ended with Noam Dar and the Heritage Cup being like "it's just you and me again" and yeah, literally is. Quote
Paid Members garynysmon Posted May 3, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 3, 2025 1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said: There are some good potential pick-ups for TNA's women's division especially. And desperately needed. The women’s roster is about as thick as a bookie’s biro. There’s only about 5-6 women in TNA who offer anything at all. Killer Kelly and Kilynn King are inactive and the women’s tag division is hardly worthy of the name. So yeah, some major openings there. Scott D’amore was openly courting Braun Strowman when he was a free agent a few years back. I assume his stock has fallen since then but other than a few months’ run as a heel challenger for Joe Hendry (or Mike Santana when he’s presumably bethroned down the line), I can’t see how he’d fit in longer term. Quote
MVP RULZ Posted May 3, 2025 Posted May 3, 2025 Cora definitely feels like one of those releases where they'll be keeping a close eye on what she does (going to TNA would certainly help in that regard) and if she can stay Healthy and injury free for the next 12-18 months they'll bring her back. Most of the others are no real surprise given how long some of them have been around with little achieved. Strowman is a decent hand to keep around but it feels like he has faced everyone and they've done the monster vs monster matches with Fatu, Bronson Reed already and given the state of his knees combined with little future prospects at the top of the card and I'd imagine he was on a fairly good deal contract wise it all makes some sense as to why they choose to release him now. Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted May 3, 2025 Posted May 3, 2025 I feel like there's life in Strowman in AEW as someone's bodyguard, occasionally having big fun garbage matches. Have him as Ricochet's big bald bodyguard or something. They were quite fun together in WWE. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted May 3, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 3, 2025 22 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said: I feel like there's life in Strowman in AEW as someone's bodyguard, occasionally having big fun garbage matches. Have him as Ricochet's big bald bodyguard or something. They were quite fun together in WWE. A Ricochet/Strowman tag team could be an absolute blast in AEW, given the sneaky prick of a character Ricochet plays. Getting his shots in before hiding behind his wall of muscle etc. Alternatively, a trios team of John Silver, Alex Reynolds and Strowman could be a lot of fun (or just a Silver/Strowman tag team) - I think AEW would get a lot of value out of the guy. Quote
Snitsky's back acne Posted May 3, 2025 Posted May 3, 2025 Not surprised at Strowman. He was likely on a big money deal and what else could they do with him? Plus, as has been said, his body is clearly failing on him. Am a little surprised as Jakara Jackson only because I thought the Meta Girls were a solid enough tag team and WWE could use some decent women's tag teams. Also a little surprised about Cora Jade. As has been said, they seemed pretty high on her but maybe it's the Blair Davenport thing - there's plenty more where she came from. I'm sure they will all be fine if they choose to continue wrestling as there is not exactly a dearth of places to earn a living for wrestlers these days. Quote
Paid Members Slapnut Posted May 3, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 3, 2025 I’m all in on Strowman going elsewhere if he brings back his Only Fans Joker character. Funniest thing he’s ever done. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted May 3, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 3, 2025 I’ve discovered right this moment that Cora Jade made some AEW appearances. I had no idea! Injury may well have played a part, but she didn’t progress much in WWE, and I understand why they parted ways with her. The standard of women’s wrestling is incredibly high in 2025, and she never reached the level you’d hope that she would. That said, she’s still very young and there have been plenty of late bloomers in wrestling. There’s every chance that this will end up being the making of her. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.