Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted May 4, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 4, 2025 15 hours ago, TheBurningRed said: AEW released E.J Nduka. Didn’t see him much on AEW tv. I believe he was featured more on ROH. I thought they would’ve used him for something. A 6’8 monster who looks great. I did wonder if this was on the cards when I saw Lee Johnson was hanging around with Blake Christian now and the Lee-J team had been abandoned. He only wrestled a few times on ROH and wasn't bad, I thought. And with a look like that, I'm really surprised Khan couldn't find a spot for him amongst the 260 other guys he's got under contract. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted May 4, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 4, 2025 I can't believe I'm seeing people advocating for a Braun Strowman AEW run. Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted May 4, 2025 Posted May 4, 2025 7 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said: I can't believe I'm seeing people advocating for a Braun Strowman AEW run. With his knees, I'd never advocate for a 'run', per se. But a short stint where he does comedy skits and big trash matches? Why not, he's just shown he can be good at them... his stuff with Reed and Fatu was often the best things on the show. There'd definitely be space for that on Collision or whatever, for him to put someone over. Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted May 4, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 4, 2025 11 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said: I can't believe I'm seeing people advocating for a Braun Strowman AEW run. AEW has staked out its territory pretty well. Its where the best wrestling happens. Braun Strowman fits into that category like I fit into a 28 inch waist. If I never saw the no knees nobber on TV again it would be too soon. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted May 4, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 4, 2025 He's just so completely the opposite of whatever AEW seems to think it is that I almost want to see him there to see what the fuck they do with him. He's got two speeds these days, slow and stop. Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted May 4, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 4, 2025 A common thread emerges to many of these WWE releases. We’ve seen the Unholy McUnion split so Scot #1 could become a Chelsea underling, Pure Fusion Collective gradually becoming a “collective” of 1, plus we’ve cut one half of “Lash Legend & Jakara Jackson,” some names associated with Toxic Attraction/Fatal Influence/My Chemical Romance/whatever and both of Porno Party (Kandi Kombat & Kaylee Lynn Cooper). Strikes me that Liv & Raquel vs “enemies of the month” is going to be all there is to the Women’s tag team division for the foreseeable future. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted May 4, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 4, 2025 Gigi Dolin was only pictured on Raw a couple of weeks ago, wasn't she? Sometimes I think these big companies have no idea what they're doing and have no coherent plans in place, you know. Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted May 4, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 4, 2025 At least we know she has other revenue streams. Quote
andrew "the ref" coyne Posted May 4, 2025 Posted May 4, 2025 59 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said: Gigi Dolin was only pictured on Raw a couple of weeks ago, wasn't she? Sometimes I think these big companies have no idea what they're doing and have no coherent plans in place, you know. That was simply to hype her tag team title shot against Liv Morgan / Raquel Rodriquez on the following night's NXT. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted May 4, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 4, 2025 1 hour ago, andrew "the ref" coyne said: That was simply to hype her tag team title shot against Liv Morgan / Raquel Rodriquez on the following night's NXT. So? She was still featured on their biggest show. Quote
wordsfromlee Posted May 4, 2025 Posted May 4, 2025 (edited) Dave Meltzer reportedly said about the cuts: "WWE main roster cuts were due to age and salary relative to how they were being used. NXT cuts were due to lack of development or training. Riley Osborne release was due to non-wrestling factors." All I'm going to say is Strowman is awful and 41 and got cut. Finn Balor is equally as awful and 43, but somehow still there. Edited May 4, 2025 by wordsfromlee Quote
TibBo Posted May 4, 2025 Posted May 4, 2025 In all fairness, Balor/Devitt was at one point considered the best in the world wasn’t he? Quote
Paid Members 2Xtreme_lives Posted May 4, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 4, 2025 3 minutes ago, TibBo said: In all fairness, Balor/Devitt was at one point considered the best in the world wasn’t he? Equally I wouldn't be put out by a Balor run in aew Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted May 4, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 4, 2025 9 minutes ago, TibBo said: In all fairness, Balor/Devitt was at one point considered the best in the world wasn’t he? No? There's loads of people in WWE who have been absolutely stealing a paycheck for years. Balor is high on that list. Quote
Paid Members I Bent My Wookie Posted May 4, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 4, 2025 Balor back in Japan would be ace. Especially with NJPW needing bigger stars with retirements and contract endings. Less talking, more just wrestling. Would work well. Riley Osborne I feel probably felt his wife being released last year was time for him to go too. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.