The King Of Swing Posted May 5, 2025 Posted May 5, 2025 I thought he was fun during those early BC days, which is why I was thinking another run could be fun. Outside of that though, never really cared one way or another. Quote
SaitoRyo Posted May 5, 2025 Author Posted May 5, 2025 Balor/Devitt had a really fucking good career in Japan before joining WWE. Full of great matches and, importantly, helped changed NJPW business by forming the Bullet Club. He's definitely not one of those 'was he actually good over there?' types. Also, pretty sure he signed a new five-year WWE deal a year ago, so I doubt he goes anywhere anytime soon. Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted May 5, 2025 Posted May 5, 2025 (edited) 40 minutes ago, SaitoRyo said: Balor/Devitt had a really fucking good career in Japan before joining WWE. Full of great matches and, importantly, helped changed NJPW business by forming the Bullet Club. He's definitely not one of those 'was he actually good over there?' types. To be fair, unless you can point to an equally good run in the US you may have actually made the point even stronger that he is one of those types. Maybe he's the King of 'Good Over There' style. Edited May 5, 2025 by d-d-d-dAz Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted May 5, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 5, 2025 1 hour ago, d-d-d-dAz said: To be fair, unless you can point to an equally good run in the US you may have actually made the point even stronger that he is one of those types. Maybe he's the King of 'Good Over There' style. “Good In Japan” isn’t that someone actually was good in Japan though, is it? It’s a Pitcos style burn on people insisting someone shit like Albert was good over there even though they were the same act bell to bell. That’s not Devitt/Balor. Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted May 5, 2025 Posted May 5, 2025 14 minutes ago, air_raid said: “Good In Japan” isn’t that someone actually was good in Japan though, is it? It’s a Pitcos style burn on people insisting someone shit like Albert was good over there even though they were the same act bell to bell. That’s not Devitt/Balor. I always assumed there was some merit to the claims. That they had in fact been good in Japan. I guess I should go back and watch Albert's run in Japan to check. I won't. But I should. Quote
SaitoRyo Posted May 5, 2025 Author Posted May 5, 2025 6 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said: I always assumed there was some merit to the claims. That they had in fact been good in Japan. I guess I should go back and watch Albert's run in Japan to check. I won't. But I should. Watch Jamal/Umaga's AJPW run instead. Quote
wordsfromlee Posted May 5, 2025 Posted May 5, 2025 These AAA wrestlers have all apparently signed WWE contracts. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted May 5, 2025 Members Posted May 5, 2025 Nino Hamburguesa is a great name. Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted May 5, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 5, 2025 2 minutes ago, SuperBacon said: Nino Hamburguesa is a great name. Is Lady Flammer his valet? Quote
Chili Posted May 5, 2025 Posted May 5, 2025 Can't wait to see how Bertie goes and fucks this one up. Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted May 5, 2025 Posted May 5, 2025 I really hope this is a contractual necessity to allow them to book this lot on the World's Collide show, and not a sign fucking Del Rio could be coming back to the proper shows. Absolute shitehawk. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted May 5, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 5, 2025 Contractually obliged to mention that Del Rio's match with Cena in a broken ring at whatever event that was was absolutely excellent but as you were. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted May 5, 2025 Posted May 5, 2025 Does he still have the bloke with him? I quite enjoyed him. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted May 5, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 5, 2025 Del Rio! Fucking hell. Brock Lesnar will be back in WWE by the end of the year. Quote
Snitsky's back acne Posted May 5, 2025 Posted May 5, 2025 Aren't there a few fellas in AAA that Stephanie Vaquer has a restraining order against? I'm sure they won't be getting signed. Actually, scratch that, I'm not sure. They may indeed get signed, I would at l least hope they were never anywhere near Stephanie Vaquer in any shape or form if they were, however. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.