Paid Members air_raid Posted April 17, 2025 Paid Members Posted April 17, 2025 1 hour ago, RedTwoster said: Adding another big name like Ripley or Belair(or even someone like Bayley) would be beneficial in that it creates an added layer of depth and momentum which might persuade rising female prospects to join AEW over WWE, in the same way that a young male wrestler might opt for the company because they’re a fan of Ospreay, Swerve, Hangman or Omega and aspire to wrestle them and at their level. There’s an interesting one because despite having once been both over and interesting to watch, she’s felt played-out and in need of a change of scenery to me for well over a year. In fact, if I could put my finger on one match I could book for her anywhere in the world in 2025, it would be to fight Mercedes again back on their natural sides of the heel/face dynamic. Quote
TildeGuy~! Posted April 29, 2025 Posted April 29, 2025 (edited) Stardom are currently going through what New Japan have been. Tam Nakano has retired, Thekla has left and their biggest star Mayu Iwatani has also left the company, Iwatani will probably end up in Marigold but it wouldn’t surprise me if AEW or WWE try for talks. Maika is also out with an injury for at least 6 months. Edited April 29, 2025 by TildeGuy~! Quote
The King Of Swing Posted April 29, 2025 Posted April 29, 2025 Mayu leaving has been on the cards, ever since Rossy was given the boot. So it's not surprising. From what I've seen (granted not as much as I used to watch) between that and being tied up with the IWGP Title, I'd argue that she hasn't really been the main focus for ages. Thekla isn't really a blow to the company, imo. I like her but she was never really positioned as a top star and was always going to leave sooner rather than later. Tam is the biggest blow, imo. She (along with Maika) really helped steady the ship following the Rossy situation. In short it'll probably be bumpy for a bit but Stardom should be fine, so long as they don't lose any more top names. They've still got a very strong roster with some good up and coming talent. I wouldn't be shocked if they also make a move on signing Sareee to some sort of deal. Quote
lanky316 Posted May 1, 2025 Posted May 1, 2025 To the surprise of nobody, Mayu has signed with Marigold and will be having her debut match in a couple of days. Overall it'll be a boost for Marigold, perhaps only really short term without good guests due to how little depth they have and a couple going from there to boot, which was always likely to be the case especially when the huge exodus Rossy had been angling for didn't really happen. It's a few big losses to Stardom but overall they've still got a stacked roster and will be able to shuffle around and keep going. Will be interesting to see what happens in both companies though over the next few months. In other news, after an AEW appearance, it seems the Miyu is going to leave TJPW soon stories are coming out again. Quote
Merzbow Posted May 1, 2025 Posted May 1, 2025 (edited) So what's the deal with Saree? She's obviously excellent if not one of the top joshi wrestlers but is never tied down to any one company for long, does she have a horse that get's sick and just wants her own freedom to do as she pleases and have her own independant shows? Edited May 1, 2025 by Merzbow Quote
lanky316 Posted May 1, 2025 Posted May 1, 2025 I think in general she enjoys the opportunity to be fully freelance and going around doing her own things. I'd be very surprised if she hasn't had Stardom or Marigold in particular driving a couple of lorries worth of Yen to her house to get her to be under a full contract with them but she seems to enjoy being able to turn up for a program wherever she chooses, take time if she picks up a knock without needing to do random tour shows and pick and choose what she feels like doing. She's still under 30 and is reliably great wherever she turns up so it's working for her, in the unlikely event of interest starting to dry up I suspect she'd be able to walk into a good contract whenever she feels like it. Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted May 1, 2025 Posted May 1, 2025 Jeff Cobb now seems to have decided to retire rather than go to WWE as previously reported Unless he’s just working of course Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted May 1, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 1, 2025 He just needs a few tips off Nakamura on getting paid by WWE and surfing. Quote
Paid Members FLips Posted May 1, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 1, 2025 Rumours that the usual Post-Wrestlemania cuts are inbound after ominous posts from Shotzi and Austin Theory. Nothing confirmed yet but it’s around this time they cut the chaff. If it’s true I can’t say I’ll miss either of them, especially Theory. Actually hate the sight of his smug face. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted May 1, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 1, 2025 Someone called Thekla is coming to AEW from Stardom apparently. I'm not familiar with her, anyone know if she's any good? Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted May 1, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 1, 2025 9 minutes ago, LaGoosh said: Thekla Not often you get somenone named after a venue that's a converted ship. Maybe she will have a yacht persona. Apart from that I can't help you Gooshy, not that I have anyway. Quote
The King Of Swing Posted May 1, 2025 Posted May 1, 2025 1 hour ago, LaGoosh said: Someone called Thekla is coming to AEW from Stardom apparently. I'm not familiar with her, anyone know if she's any good? She's decent. An Austrian wrestler, who has spent most of her career in Japan. I think she's good friends with Giulia. Pretty charismatic but can sometimes fall into going over the top. But Japanese fans seem to enjoy that, so maybe she'll just tone it down a little in AEW. She also speaks fluent English. I can see her fitting in well in a US promotion. From what I've seen recently she's been playing a kind of Loose Cannon type gimmick in Stardom. Quote
Cannibal Man Posted May 1, 2025 Posted May 1, 2025 Thekla liked one of my instagram posts once so i'm wishing all the luck in the world to my favourite wrestler of all time Quote
Paid Members GlennCullen Posted May 1, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 1, 2025 6 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said: Jeff Cobb now seems to have decided to retire rather than go to WWE as previously reported Unless he’s just working of course He likes to play up how he was never in Lucha Underground, so could see him coming into WWE under a gimmick. Hopefully they buy the rights to Matanza and bring Dario in as his handler. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.