Paid Members RedTwoster Posted April 14, 2025 Paid Members Posted April 14, 2025 5 minutes ago, LaGoosh said: Maybe they think he's the shits and are waiting till they think he's trained up enough for the main roster. That’s what I’m wondering. He seemed solid enough during his AEW appearance, if unspectacular but ring work matters more than it ever has in both promotions now; and neither company seems willing to push a wrestler based on size alone. 2 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said: Christ, if Tama Tonga and Tonga Loa made the cut immediately I hate to think how shit he'd have to be. I must admit, I find Tama Tonga weirdly entertaining. He’s never going to hold a singles belt, but he’s worth having around. Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted April 14, 2025 Paid Members Posted April 14, 2025 Are they trying to create a brand split where one side is Raw and the other side is the Pacific Islands? Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted April 14, 2025 Paid Members Posted April 14, 2025 1 hour ago, tiger_rick said: Are they trying to create a brand split where one side is Raw and the other side is the Pacific Islands? Maybe their own PPV, Samoaslam Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted April 14, 2025 Paid Members Posted April 14, 2025 11 minutes ago, Carbomb said: Maybe their own PPV, Samoaslam A master has entered the game. Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted April 14, 2025 Paid Members Posted April 14, 2025 11 minutes ago, Carbomb said: Samoaslam Sounds like a BritWres event. Name doubles as an anagram of how Adam spells the free snack upon admission. Quote
Vamp Posted April 14, 2025 Posted April 14, 2025 I used to like the way Tama Tonga moved in NJPW. He just seemed to move differently from other wrestlers but not in a shit Jack Evans sort of way. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted April 14, 2025 Paid Members Posted April 14, 2025 5 hours ago, RedTwoster said: I must admit, I find Tama Tonga weirdly entertaining. He’s never going to hold a singles belt, but he’s worth having around. Quote
SaitoRyo Posted April 15, 2025 Author Posted April 15, 2025 Word is Mariah May's AEW deal expires in the summer and she's heading to WWE. Apparently she's made no secret of the fact that WWE is her dream and she's always wanted to work there. After her work in AEW these past couple of years, I'm not surprised WWE want her. Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted April 15, 2025 Paid Members Posted April 15, 2025 That would be a blow for AEW. She's a sensational talent. I'm not sure how big a blow because I can't see them doing anything with her better than what they've already done, given their track record. She has probably peaked already. It doesn't give a great impression of AEW though at a time where their marketing and PR is probably the biggest weakness. Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted April 15, 2025 Paid Members Posted April 15, 2025 You'd imagine she won't be seen on AEW TV again then. Quote
Chili Posted April 15, 2025 Posted April 15, 2025 It's a shame, and I hope she does well in WWE with I'm going to assume a toned down/altered version of the act. As a character in AEW I'm sure they could have done something more, but in a way she was almost a perfect supporting to main player in Toni Storm's story and in a way her final match being taken down for good has a nice cathartic ring to it. I will laugh if she's fed some line slagging off her old employers though, it's not like she has a score to settle like Ricky Saints did. Just give her a fresh coat of paint and keep her the fuck away from Charlotte Flair. If Tiffany Stratton can rattle her, Mariah May will do her in for good. Quote
TheScarlettChad Posted April 15, 2025 Posted April 15, 2025 She's a huge WWE mark by all accounts. She posted on Instagram at mania 38, standing outside the stadium saying one day she'll be there. So good luck to her. Quote
Chili Posted April 15, 2025 Posted April 15, 2025 Yeah, plus it appears she isn't doing a Penta about it and possibly just told whoever at AEW her intentions and it seems (for now) all cool. I think Jade Cargill was the same about it. Really does help to never ever listen to Konnan doesn't it. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted April 15, 2025 Paid Members Posted April 15, 2025 That’s a shame, and I hope Tony Khan manages to persuade her to stay with a bumper deal - while AEW’s women’s division has been an absolute highlight as of late, I can absolutely see why you might want to move if you’re Mariah, given the historic tendency to cycle female wrestlers down the card after their initial run - take Jamie Hayter or Shida, for example. But rewarding Mariah with a very lucrative deal and making a point of featuring her prominently would send a message that were long past that being a factor in AEW. It may be that May wants to leave anyway, in which case fair enough, but I’d be sad to see her go. Quote
Paid Members Chris B Posted April 15, 2025 Paid Members Posted April 15, 2025 She was great in that story. Really was. I can't see AEW getting lots more out of her than they got, tbf. This one has kind of worked for everyone if that's where she wants to go. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.