BrodyGraham Posted April 6, 2025 Posted April 6, 2025 Reports are doing the rounds that TJP isn't renewing with New Japan. He's one of those guys who is dull as ditch water but always seems to get work. He's probably had a better offer which hopefully means TNA cos I've got no interest in seeing him in an AEW ring. Quote
SaitoRyo Posted April 14, 2025 Author Posted April 14, 2025 Jeff Cobb is leaving NJPW, with his last match (against Tanahashi) scheduled for April 19. It's expected that he'll go to WWE. At 42, it's probably a now-or-never type deal, so it makes sense for him. I've not watched much of his recent stuff, but he was always impressive whenever I saw him, though I don't suspect he'll get much higher than the midcard. Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted April 14, 2025 Paid Members Posted April 14, 2025 I saw Jeff Cobb wrestle in Nottingham and people loved him and went crazy, but I saw him wrestle in London but they didn't know who he was. Quote
SaitoRyo Posted April 14, 2025 Author Posted April 14, 2025 4 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said: I saw Jeff Cobb wrestle in Nottingham and people loved him and went crazy, but I saw him wrestle in London but they didn't know who he was. Would you say that if Vince McMahon was still running things he'd have no chance in Hull? (sorry) Quote
Paid Members FLips Posted April 14, 2025 Paid Members Posted April 14, 2025 6 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said: I saw Jeff Cobb wrestle in Nottingham and people loved him and went crazy, but I saw him wrestle in London but they didn't know who he was. Well in Nottingham he’s Jeff Cobb but in London they’d know him as Jeff Roll. Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted April 14, 2025 Paid Members Posted April 14, 2025 6 minutes ago, FLips said: Well in Nottingham he’s Jeff Cobb but in London they’d know him as Jeff Roll. Wasn't he in a faction called The Barmy Army. Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted April 14, 2025 Paid Members Posted April 14, 2025 1 hour ago, SaitoRyo said: It's expected that he'll go to WWE. At 42, it's probably a now-or-never type deal, so it makes sense for him. I've not watched much of his recent stuff, but he was always impressive whenever I saw him, though I don't suspect he'll get much higher than the midcard. A feud with Bunsen Reed would be natural. Probably earn them both some dough. Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted April 14, 2025 Paid Members Posted April 14, 2025 1 hour ago, SaitoRyo said: Would you say that if Vince McMahon was still running things he'd have no chance in Hull? (sorry) Jeff Breadcake would be a great name. Definitely needs a valet called Pattie. Quote
Paid Members Kamran Posted April 14, 2025 Paid Members Posted April 14, 2025 Was there any other update with Hikuleo? I thought they signed him ages ago but I've not heard anything since. I wonder if they could debut him alongside Cobb? Quote
SaitoRyo Posted April 14, 2025 Author Posted April 14, 2025 11 minutes ago, Kamran said: Was there any other update with Hikuleo? I thought they signed him ages ago but I've not heard anything since. I wonder if they could debut him alongside Cobb? He was signed and reportedly was/is on the company's internal roster, but there are no plans for him as yet. Hardly a surprise considering it's 'Mania season. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted April 14, 2025 Paid Members Posted April 14, 2025 14 minutes ago, SaitoRyo said: He was signed and reportedly was/is on the company's internal roster, but there are no plans for him as yet. Hardly a surprise considering it's 'Mania season. I know it’s Mania season but he was signed around this time last year from what I’d read. Quote
Merzbow Posted April 14, 2025 Posted April 14, 2025 29 minutes ago, SaitoRyo said: He was signed and reportedly was/is on the company's internal roster, but there are no plans for him as yet. Hardly a surprise considering it's 'Mania season. It's weird he hasn't even shown up in NXT though, unless they're not planning on having a potential Bloodline member on that show. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted April 14, 2025 Paid Members Posted April 14, 2025 20 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said: I know it’s Mania season but he was signed around this time last year from what I’d read. Yeah, he’s been there for a while. I’ve not seen enough of him to know if he’s actually any good, but it’s strange that he’s not made an appearance anywhere at this stage. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted April 14, 2025 Paid Members Posted April 14, 2025 Maybe they think he's the shits and are waiting till they think he's trained up enough for the main roster. Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted April 14, 2025 Posted April 14, 2025 2 minutes ago, LaGoosh said: Maybe they think he's the shits and are waiting till they think he's trained up enough for the main roster. Christ, if Tama Tonga and Tonga Loa made the cut immediately I hate to think how shit he'd have to be. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.