Paid Members LaGoosh Posted March 29, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 29, 2025 Jack Perry has also completely disappeared. Not that I miss him but he seemed to be getting a decent push before he just vanished. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted March 29, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 29, 2025 (edited) 1 hour ago, LaGoosh said: Jack Perry has also completely disappeared. Not that I miss him but he seemed to be getting a decent push before he just vanished. If and when Luchasaurus returns, I’d be perfectly happy to see Jurassic Express return. They were a fun tag team, and would add value to the tag division. Certainly, they’re much better together than apart. Similarly, Sammy Guevara has shown positive qualities in the past, and he won’t have simply lost them. Similarly to how Scorpio Sky was great in Men of the Year but not in singles competition, I think Guevara’s strengths would be more apparent with the right tag partner. Maybe it’s Max Caster, maybe it’s Scorpio Sky, maybe it’s Jack Perry, maybe it’s someone larger like Powerhouse Hobbs - whatever the case, he’s employed and has some level of notoriety so you might as well do something with him. And certainly, I’d much prefer to see him on the main shows than any of the Adam Cole crew. Edited March 29, 2025 by RedTwoster Quote
Paid Members I Bent My Wookie Posted March 30, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 30, 2025 @RedTwoster the fact that you mention Guevara would work well in a tag, and is one half of the ROH tag champs with Dustin Rhodes is quite funny to show how little ROH matters to AEW outside of Chris Jericho. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted March 30, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 30, 2025 2 hours ago, I Bent My Wookie said: @RedTwoster the fact that you mention Guevara would work well in a tag, and is one half of the ROH tag champs with Dustin Rhodes is quite funny to show how little ROH matters to AEW outside of Chris Jericho. I completely forgot about that! But that’s how it should be, I think. AEW is pretty much always better when there’s less ROH involvement. Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted March 31, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 31, 2025 It's mad to think that it was only around 6 months back that Danielson vs Jack Perry was the world title match on PPV. Jack Perry's half nepo-baby, half Raven-cosplay run was really quite shit looking back on it. I'd forgot all about him. Quote
Infinity Land Posted March 31, 2025 Posted March 31, 2025 The Jack Perry and Anna Jay disappearance is a hard one to judge. Is it a contract situation where they've been frozen out like so many others in the past? Both would have injury time and Perry had the fallout from All In that might see some disagreement on where everyone stands. On the other hand maybe they're happy sitting out. Young Bucks have been gone since dropping the tag titles, and Perry has never seemed to be the most political person. Fewer buddies backstage he might be happy just collecting the pay cheque. Or maybe we're just about to get the next The Elite lore dump with Bucks, Okada, Omega, Perry, Good Bros In where I wouldn't mind seeing them next. I've thought for a while that Jack Perry & Sammy Guevara as the spoiled brat Pillars that believe their own hype would make a decent heel tag team. Which could include Anna Jay & Tay Melo as part of the group. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted March 31, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 31, 2025 The Bucks new contract was for limited dates - they'll never be full time again. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted March 31, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 31, 2025 9 hours ago, Infinity Land said: The Jack Perry and Anna Jay disappearance is a hard one to judge. Is it a contract situation where they've been frozen out like so many others in the past? Both would have injury time and Perry had the fallout from All In that might see some disagreement on where everyone stands. The AEW women’s division is of such a high standard now, I’m not sure there’s a place for Anna Jay, unless she’s simply used as a jobber - and even then, there are better options for that role. She’s not great on the mic, and OK at best in ring. I can completely understand why she’s found herself out of favour. I’d be interested to see if a stint in NXT did her any good; but even there, you have a women’s roster that is significantly better than she is. Quote
Chili Posted April 2, 2025 Posted April 2, 2025 6 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said: Apparently Rusev has signed with WWE So I've got this great storyline idea where my wife is openly shagging someone and I'm extremely aware of it. Quote
digforvictory Posted April 2, 2025 Posted April 2, 2025 I honestly think a big part of why AEW feels like they're on an upswing and have a bit of momentum to them is finally being free of the likes of Rusev and Malakai Black. Looking forward to seeing what the 2025 cuck story is for Rusev and what vague spooky bollocks that goes nowhere Malakai Black will be up to. Quote
Doog Posted April 2, 2025 Posted April 2, 2025 Some people are Just suited more to one company than the other. Cody is the obvious example, everything about him screams WWE, aside from at the start, he never fit in with AEW, his aura, his presentation, everything. Same with Moxley, whilst he made his name in WWE hes so much better in AEW (questionable barbed wire violence aside) hes not one for the confines of the WWE system. Not on the same level, but it may be the same with Rusev, whilst he was a bust for AEW he may flourish in Triple Hs WWE. Toni Storm, especially in her current guise, wouldn't/didn't work in WWE, she's a megastar in AEW. What I'm saying is, just because they lost their way/didn't work in one company, dosnt mean they won't in the other and it's great this can happen. It's the beauty of having two major American promotions, it's what it's all about really. Quote
Paid Members Kamran Posted April 2, 2025 Paid Members Posted April 2, 2025 11 minutes ago, Doog said: Not on the same level, but it may be the same with Rusev, whilst he was a bust for AEW he may flourish in Triple Hs WWE. I always enjoyed his run as TNT champion however it felt like every time he built some momentum he disappeared again. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted April 2, 2025 Paid Members Posted April 2, 2025 19 minutes ago, digforvictory said: I honestly think a big part of why AEW feels like they're on an upswing and have a bit of momentum to them is finally being free of the likes of Rusev and Malakai Black. Looking forward to seeing what the 2025 cuck story is for Rusev and what vague spooky bollocks that goes nowhere Malakai Black will be up to. At one point Miro was one of the best characters in the company, and that could have continued. The redeemer was a good character, but clearly things didn’t work out in the way it perhaps could have. It sounds like he was at least partly to blame for that, same goes for Black; although it became very clear very quickly that he was a bust. Given that Rusev can be very entertaining, I suspect he’ll end up having a good second run in WWE. I’m less convinced about Black. Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted April 2, 2025 Paid Members Posted April 2, 2025 51 minutes ago, digforvictory said: I honestly think a big part of why AEW feels like they're on an upswing and have a bit of momentum to them is finally being free of the likes of Rusev and Malakai Black. Looking forward to seeing what the 2025 cuck story is for Rusev and what vague spooky bollocks that goes nowhere Malakai Black will be up to. Finally free of Miro who they barely used? Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.