Vince McMahon may actually be done this time [Trigger warning: Sexual Assault]

JNLister

• Paid Members

The weirdest thing about Bret in regards to the Vince stuff is that I saw some plank on Twitter suggest that Bret will have got in on the action with Vince. The Excellence Of Sexecution by his own admission had a willing young lass waiting for him from Spokane to Savannah and everywhere inbetween. He didn't need Vince engineering any rape by coercion on his behalf much less have Jr doing play by play for it, it was full and proper consent to his six moves of doom every time.

It's a low bar I know, but Rollins comes off well here at 03:00. Kinda feel like cheering the guy a bit more now. 

• Paid Members

Comes off well for a guy who isn't acknowledging how much this was endemic in the company he's worked for, isn't acknowledging his boss who claimed not to read the lawsuit, and has only attacked the person the company has clearly agreed to try and take all the blame.

There are low bars and there's fucking limbo.

7 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Teddy Long seems to be going all over the podcast and interview circuit right now where his only target is Johnny Ace, the whole thing feels disingenuous and a way to get himself over. Gross.

Maybe all those tag team matches he commissioned was his subliminal way of letting us know what those two were doing.  

https://www.vice.com/en/article/epv78z/ashley-massaro-wwe-vince-mcmahon-sexual-divas

In a previously unpublished statement given before her 2019 death by apparent suicide, Ashley Massaro, a former WWE wrestler, said company founder Vince McMahon sexually preyed on female wrestlers and that she was punished for rejecting his advances by being given bad scripts she believed were meant to destroy her reputation—behavior, she said, he was known for. The statement was given to her lawyers as they worked up a sworn affidavit, published shortly after her death, in which she said she was raped on a military base while in Kuwait on a WWE tour and that management covered it up. The attorneys ultimately left it out because it wasn’t relevant to central claims in the lawsuit in which they were representing her, which concerned concussions.

"During my time with the WWE, I had observed Vince McMahon making-out with other divas in the locker room, but he never paid attention to me, and I assumed I was not his type. This changed after my Playboy cover was released. I was fortunate enough to be allowed to fly on the company jet and stay at the same hotels as the executives for a period of time so that I could get home faster to spend more time with my daughter. On one of these occasions, Vince was attempting to get me alone with him in his hotel room late at night and I felt extraordinarily uncomfortable. He began calling the hotel room phone and my cell phone nonstop. I called Kevin Dunn to explain the situation and he said I should tell Vince I was not feeling well and would see him on TV the next day, so I did. Immediately after that night, Vince started writing my promos for me. Vince does not write promos for female wrestlers—that is the job of the creative department—and he certainly wouldn’t have, under any normal circumstances, written a promo for me. But he did, and the promos were written with the clear intention of ruining my career. I brought the first script Vince wrote for me to the WWE employee in charge of Creative at the time, Michael Hayes, and he said, ‘you’re not saying this, who the [expletive] wrote this?’ and I told him that Vince did. He said, ‘Well kid, these are the breaks,’ meaning that Vince wanted to end my career and destroy my reputation on my way out. He is known for this type of behavior and also did this to [REDACTED] upon her departure from WWE. In addition, after that night, each time I walk by him he would make vulgar sexual comments that were clearly designed to make me uncomfortable."

If it was part of an affadavit, they presumably have good evidence of its legitimacy, it might even have been recorded.  Despite what a disastrous clusterfuck that lawsuit was, perhaps some good will now come of it.  Poor Ashley.

1 hour ago, Chris B said:

[Redacted] is presumably Lita, and the Cryme Tyme segment. Happened the month before Tribute to the Troops as well.

The fact he seems - based on his texts - to get off on humiliation and discomfort has made segments that’s previously seemed unkind, nasty or tawdry seem even more sinister. ‘Piggy James’, anything involving Vickie Guerrero being compared to a pig, Molly Holly and Serena Deeb getting their heads shaved (even though Serena was portrayed as a willing participant), the Dawn Marie/Torrie Wilson/Al Wilson storyline, Natalya farting, the Trish ramming Stephanie’s head in shit - it’s even more disturbing on hindsight, knowing what we do now.

The whole Ashley incident really upset me when I first read it and now this. 

I just hope that her family and she gets the justice she deserves and McMahon and the others associated with this get everything coming to them, ideally jail time and suffers for a long, long time.

Edited by Abe_Knuckleball_Schwartz

7 hours ago, air_raid said:

The weirdest thing about Bret in regards to the Vince stuff is that I saw some plank on Twitter suggest that Bret will have got in on the action with Vince. The Excellence Of Sexecution by his own admission had a willing young lass waiting for him from Spokane to Savannah and everywhere inbetween. He didn't need Vince engineering any rape by coercion on his behalf much less have Jr doing play by play for it, it was full and proper consent to his six moves of doom every time.

I know this is in jest but I think it's worth noting that rape rarely has anything to do with sex. Its actually about power and control and humiliation, which to be honest fits what we know of Vince's persona fairly accurately. He obviously gets off on being in charge having people think he is beyond reproach. He is a megalomaniac beyond control, this is seemingly all part of his ego trip and all the humiliation that is dished out to these women just backs up that this is all a power trip for him.

Edited by deathrey

54 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

Molly Holly and Serena Deeb getting their heads shaved (even though Serena was portrayed as a willing participant)

In Molly Holly's case, she pitched the idea for the match and the subsequent gimmick. The Women's title wasn't going to be on that year's WrestleMania. We're in the Playboy covergirl era and Molly Holly v. Victoria wasn't seen as worthy of the time.  Certainly played to Vince's preference for people humiliating themselves, but it was coming from a place of here's a traditional wrestling gimmick with stakes to warrant TV time.