• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, Chris B said:

Tube travel tip: There's a white paint line at the edge of the platform in most places. Look for where it's lighter or even white. That's where the doors are.

I remember being furious when they repainted the line at Finsbury Park when I commuted through there. Years of tube knowledge gone in an instant. Shower of bastards!

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, Chris B said:

Tube travel tip: There's a white paint line at the edge of the platform in most places. Look for where it's lighter or even white. That's where the doors are.

I used to stand at this at my local station when I worked in South Kensington. And also for coming back. I had a sense of smugness as others were usually nowhere the doors and I was going to be first on. 

1 hour ago, Carbomb said:

A friend mentioned that someone had created an app for London that gave you information on which carriage to sit in so as to be closest to the exit when you got off, which you got by entering the station name.

It's a start at least!

• 3 weeks later...

It's funny you say that, I bought a few jigsaw puzzles to do just before Christmas, I felt it was a better use of my (rare) spare time than watching TV.... I haven't actually started them yet though 

My wife tends to do puzzles while we watch TV. She can never just watch TV. I find it quite interesting as I'm more than happy to just sit there and zone out.

Although I did do a few Lego sets after Christmas and that was quite enjoyable to do.

We do a big jigsaw at Christmas, I do love it though it highlights my fading eyesight.

Guardian Quick every day, the Observer Cryptic on a Sunday.  

This stuff keeps your brain active and is almost certainly a good practice to get into.  I'm not sure its any more dull than staring at the Gogglebox watching people play Mike Castle's Mafia.

I'm usually a Wordle and Sudoku first thing in the morning kinda guy, although that's more if I'm going into work and something to do on the train to start my brain.

Otherwise it's run around trying to get the kids ready for school which is a whole different challenge.

I do Wordle, Nerdle and biNerdle every morning. I also play Countdown on my phone a couple of times a day. I sometimes tell my partner and my son how well I've done. Sadly, unlike the UKFF, they couldn't give a shit about dull club activities. 

Edited by MungoChutney

14 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Get on NYT Connections dull people!

https://www.nytimes.com/games/connections

Yeah cheers for this. Think I’ve only got two wrong since you sent it me. Worldle is my other daily game, they keep adding rounds to it too. The latest is guessing the two most spoken languages in the country of the day. 

On 2/2/2024 at 10:11 PM, JNLister said:

If you're dull enough to watch an 80 minute YouTube video about how to discover new elements and how somebody faked it, this is your hookup:

Watched it. Loved it. Understood 1/3 of it. 
👌🏻would recommend to fellow dull men.