• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

The most egregious thing here is that if it was in a spreadsheet you really wouldn't need to save multiple versions for the sort. 

My feeling is that spreadsheets look ugly and cluttered. Lists are lovely.

5 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Lists seem to be a real prevalent thing for keffers. 

So much so that a fair few keffers end up on lists.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Chris B said:

I really like infrastructure stuff - I love finding out little bits and pieces about how things were planned out and the history of what was there before. This goes double for TFL stuff. I'm a bit of a Tube obsessive as a result. For my last birthday, my partner took me to a tour of the derelict Aldwych tube station, which was pretty amazing. We've also been to the museum depot in Acton, which had the following gem:

See the bus in the middle? That's a 29 Bus from a century ago, going from Charing Cross to Alderman's Hill through Wood Green, Finsbury Park and Camden. And, while it terminates at Wood Green now, that's still the 29 bus route. I use it. Blew my mind.

29bus.thumb.png.0e5f2030df7bcc01c8857ef7a83c58e1.png

I'm also really into the design side of things, and one of my favourite books is this Kickstarter reissue of the original British Rail corporate identity manual style guide. It's an absolute brick of a thing and genuinely beautiful.

debe42f71b6d041bc4f878e4ddfcdc81_original.gif.a1eb882815de7a6c41b5ca2f0d36bd67.gif

With infrastructure and design stuff, it's all about the work, creativity and talent that's gone into stuff that we take for granted. And when you think about someone actually making it, it's brilliant.

London Transport Museum is a great day out. The railway museum at York was great as well. 

Re cryptic crosswords. My mum buys the S+n every day, and whenever she's doing the crossword I'll try and solve them from just the cryptic clues. I also have a try at the cryptic crossword in our local paper. I've got a couple of apps about how to solve cryptic crosswords as well, and will sometimes have a bash at the one in i. Dave Gorman did a great bit about cryptic crosswords when I went to see him last year. 

Edit: @Keith Houchen I have a Google document with a list of all the physical and digital fighting games I own. I actually need to update it as I've acquired a few more recently. I'm awful at them, but really enjoy them. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

• Paid Members

If we're talking about relaxing stuff, then I (and I'd be willing to bet a lot of others on here) get a lot out of these videos:

(The child in me watched that one and thought "Yay, the axe is happy to be useful again!")

53 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said:

have an ongoing list I keep of all AEW champions and title defences and now I've typed that down I realise it might be the most tragic thing I've ever wrote.

Is it as tragic as sitting down and working out what trophies players who have left Spurs have won (and how many they have won) since Spurs last won a trophy in 2008?

Asking for a friend.

• Paid Members

Just found where two of my Dull Man Hobbies converge:

FN-28-Chicago-A_96230892-459a-4505-86b7-

(Although, as mentioned before, Field Notes aren't great for fountain pens, and I'm not a massive fan of Jagged Brittle Phil.)

EDIT: Pretty obvious now I'm shopping for notebooks. Just found this one (of course a red like me would like Wilco, though more for the Billy Bragg connection):

wilco_thebox3_1800x1800.jpg?v=1564565743

EDIT2: Might as well include a video from W&G that I forgot to include before. I'd say "sorry to bore you with this", but that would defeat the purpose of this thread.

Edited by Carbomb

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Did you come up with this? That is excellent. 

🎵It's like r̶a̶i̶n̶ getting fired on your wedding day🎵

Partially inspired by your good self calling him "Brittle Phil" before. 

And you win several internets for that line.

They are some beautiful notebooks. I do share your love of notebooks @Carbomband stationary in general to be honest. There is something very special about a pen that glides on a crisp new notebook page. I do have some particularly loved notebooks that I haven't even written in because I like them that much and need something a bit special to write in them (I have nothing special to write down so they will likely sit there for eternity).

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, deathrey said:

They are some beautiful notebooks. I do share your love of notebooks @Carbomband stationary in general to be honest. There is something very special about a pen that glides on a crisp new notebook page. I do have some particularly loved notebooks that I haven't even written in because I like them that much and need something a bit special to write in them (I have nothing special to write down so they will likely sit there for eternity).

I went and bought these yesterday:

Denbigh Small x2

Denbigh_1800x1800.jpg?v=1561976916

Odyssey Mid-Blue (pack of 3)

Odysseypocketblue_1800x1800.jpg?v=165545

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Well I've become addicted to RailCowGirl's channel on YouTube:-

https://www.youtube.com/@RailCowGirl

I've seen a fair few of these train videos, but this one has sound unlike most of them and it adds a lot to how relaxing it is.

Currently watching this one:-