• Paid Members
32 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

I feel like The Shipping Forecast is the pinnacle of dull radio. Even more so if you have no practical need to listen to it.

You do strike me as a dogger who may have had a German bight on occasions Rashers. 

Other than watching every World Cup and Euros since I was 5 I've not had an active interest in football since I was 14 or 15 but for some reason I'm really in to visiting and going round football stadiums. No idea why. I love how they're designed, even down to small stuff like some away changing rooms being made with thinner walls so the team gets rattled by crowd noise. Can't go on match days or anything either, it's got to be empty as I love how a stadium feels when there's next to nobody in it, so a match day to visit Man City's ground would be fine in that case AMMIRITE LADS.

On 11/22/2023 at 4:23 PM, Doog said:

I don't think the average non watcher of wrestling would say it's dull, boring etc. Stupid, childish, ridiculous etc but not really in keeping with the point of the thread.

Mine would probably be walking, I walk Minimum 30,000 steps a day, generally takes me about 4 hours (weekends in one go, weekdays split into 2 hours 1 hour 1 hour. Obviously walking is fine but people can't understand how I can walk for that long and say how boring it must be etc. I love it, obv I've got podcasts I listen to, so I find it perfect. It's a lot of walking  and at quite a fast past too so I get it.

Obv I wouldn't say walking is boring per se, but to the extent I do it then I get why people wouldn't dream of doing it, not just from.a fitness stand point but just trying to stay interested for that long. Fuck it  I love nothing more than getting up at 5.30 on a Saturday, doing my 30k and being home by 10am to do what I want with the day all in the knowledge I've already burnt over 2000 calories.

I'm the same. For something to do during lockdown I started trying to beat Martin Lewis step record as a target. 
I lost close to 3 stone in the first year by doing 25k - 30k a day. 

4 years on its become a routine. I can listen to podcasts, watch wrestling on my phone, do them during work calls where I'm just listening, etc. 

Buying an Apple Watch helped too, as I can set work outs and track calories on it. 
I still do it regardless of being ill, other obligations, hungover (those are the hardest days!) and even on holiday and long haul travel. 

In a similar vein, I don't drink alcohol and can be fairly anti-alcohol if I'm honest but I booked a distillery tour for my husband a couple of years ago (they had alpacas on site and I wanted to walk the alpacas) and it was absolutely fascinating. I'm now very interested in whiskey and gin distilling though I don't actually drink it myself. I've been on a few different tours since

23 minutes ago, cobra_gordo said:

Other than watching every World Cup and Euros since I was 5 I've not had an active interest in football since I was 14 or 15 but for some reason I'm really in to visiting and going round football stadiums. No idea why. I love how they're designed, even down to small stuff like some away changing rooms being made with thinner walls so the team gets rattled by crowd noise. Can't go on match days or anything either, it's got to be empty as I love how a stadium feels when there's next to nobody in it, so a match day to visit Man City's ground would be fine in that case AMMIRITE LADS.

Love this! When people talk about football’s twelfth man, I believe it isn’t the crowd (or VAR if you’re Liverpool/the ref if you’re Man Utd OH HO!) it’s the stadium. 
Also that reminds me, I’ve got to record the narration for the first instalment of my “Flight Sim Football Grounds” project!

• Paid Members

I collect and paint Warhammer miniatures. Started it as a bit of fun with workmates and now I've got expensive brushes, two different types of palettes, and I'm trying to get good enough to enter painting competitions. I don't even play the tabletop game, just spend my weekends hunched over my second table. This is my latest, took me hours and I've got 19 more identical to this to go.

spacer.png

20 hours ago, Jesse said:

I collect and paint Warhammer miniatures. Started it as a bit of fun with workmates and now I've got expensive brushes, two different types of palettes, and I'm trying to get good enough to enter painting competitions. I don't even play the tabletop game, just spend my weekends hunched over my second table. This is my latest, took me hours and I've got 19 more identical to this to go.

spacer.png

Yeah this is a hobby that can escalate quickly. I picked up a brush 2 years ago now after a 20+ year gap - although I enjoy the game element it’s the painting I love the most. Good Therapy for the most part, but definitely one for the dull pile.

Links because I can’t figure out how to embed pics from instagram.

Like the old man that I am.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Bicurious Dad said:

Yeah this is a hobby that can escalate quickly. I picked up a brush 2 years ago now after a 20+ year gap - although I enjoy the game element it’s the painting I love the most. Good Therapy for the most part, but definitely one for the dull pile.

Links because I can’t figure out how to embed pics from instagram.

Like the old man that I am.

The shield on that Sigvald is unbelievable!

I don't know that I consider Warhammer particularly dull. It's not my cup of tea necessarily, as i hate painting, but it's wrapped in an element of action and fantasy, and has spawned books and Hollywood movies and soon to be TV shows.

I think Warhammer is a pretty big part of the 'nerd' subculture.

My wife's family are big board game people, and not like Monopoly and that stuff; they're into weird European games that win German game of the year awards and stuff.