Bray Wyatt dead

Daaaaaad!

This one hurts, such a young age with a young family 

Regardless of ones thoughts on his ideas or how they eventually panned out there is no denying he was a complete one off and had one of the most unique creative minds of the past decade if not longer 

Thoughts to his family and also sparing a thought for Erik Rowan, after losing Brodie and now Bray this must be super tough for him right now going through it all again so soon.

RIP 

Absolutely devastating. This is one of those real gut-punch and stop you in your tracks moments. Sadly the last time that happened for me was, well, Brodie.

I can’t even fathom what his poor family and friends must be going through right now. No age at all and with such a young family. Seemed well-liked and respected by everyone he came into contact with. Heartbreaking.

When he was on form, he was one of the best minds and talkers that wrestling has ever seen. That NXT & initial main roster run was such a breath of fresh air.

• Paid Members

Horrible news. Many many people absolutely loved him but none more so than a young family. So sad.

• Paid Members

Thirty-six is no age, what an absolute shock. He was a touch marmite, and his spooky stuff didn't always go over, but still, this is awful. 

Those entrances with the lantern and all the screens lighting up like fireflies when he first made it to the main roster were brilliant. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

Devastating news, heart goes out to his family.

That original Bray Wyatt character was extremely special and they didn't even scratch the surface with it's potential.

I maintain that he should've been the one to beat the Undertaker at Mania as well with the correct build.

Follow The Buzzards

• Awards Moderator

What a horrible shock to wake up to this morning.

The fact that even the most recent thread on here about him, where everyone was generally a bit down about his character and gimmick, was full of ideas for what he could do, shows how much people wanted him to be a success. There was something special there, and now we’ll never get to see it fully realised again. That’s obviously sad. But for his family to lose their son - brother - husband - father - and at 36, is so much worse. That’s my age. Such upsetting news.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/wwe/article-12443471/amp/WWE-star-Bray-Wyatt-dies-36-battling-life-threatening-illness-two-weeks-medically-cleared-compete-wrestling-legend-Triple-H-announces-tragic-news.html

He had been cleared according to this, and they were preparing to bring him back.

I know it’s childish, but they always seem to hit me harder when they’re my age so this is an absolute stunner.

Gutted for his young family and anyone that knew him. He seems to have been a top bloke.

What a shame.

I think Triple H’s tweet might be the saddest tweet of all time. The sort of garbled stream of consciousness that comes out when you’re very sad and can’t process it. So sad.

12 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

I know it’s childish, but they always seem to hit me harder when they’re my age so this is an absolute stunner.

That’s not childish at all. It’s human nature to feel like that. Being of a similar age, I certainly do. It’s absolutely awful. I can’t stop thinking about his kids in particular, and how they must be feeling.

Blimey. As someone who's been up and down in regards to liking the guy over the years, I feel a bit fucking stupid moaning about him now. Feels a bit ridiculous in hindsight.

As a 40 year old father of three, this is just one of those reminders that life is really fucking fragile and there's no knowing what's going to happen. It's so damn easy to take for granted - and don't get me wrong, we'll all do it and continue to do so, but yeah this one hit unexpectedly hard. Between the tributes from Alexa and Braun and watching that video of Booker finding out live on air I've cried more than I expected to this morning. It's just so fucking sad.

What I admired so much about the guy is his drive and determination. Whatever you thought about the end result, you always knew this was a guy who was trying to connect with the audience and loved to do so. He wasn't going to sit on his arse and collect a paycheck from conventions under a Husky Harris sign. He threw himself into every opportunity. Whether that was to develop his own legacy or to make his family proud or to support his own family over the years, he was someone who was willing to try and loved what he did and I think loved the audience too.

Connection. No offence to many wrestlers out there but a lot of them just don't have that connection. You'll get a load of matches where people do moves and it's fun at the time and then crowds move on and they don't get remembered. Bray Wyatt will be remembered. A man with an unquestionable aura and connection and someone who will be remembered. Not just by us but more importantly by his friends and colleagues and absolutely his family. They'll remember Windham - the guy you saw in photos looking after his kids and loved up with JoJo.

That's the biggest loss of all, much like Brodie Lee - a really decent, kind and loving human being. Much like anyone we watch, we just got a small glimpse. I'm not much of a believer but damn if there's anything beyond now, the thought of those two finding each other again is something to hold onto.

The video of Booker T learning the news in real time on a podcast is one of the most heartbreaking things I’ve ever seen. Just this slow motion train  of horror coming down the tracks at him, and when it hits he just looks hollowed out. Awful.

This is such a sad one, as he seemed incredibly popular with everyone. Two young kids, as well. Just an absolute kick.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz