Clips you watch on repeat

RedRooster

Bobby Heenan & Gorilla Monsoon get lost in the woods. 

A brilliant and less remembered Heenan/Monsoon bit. It's absolutely wonderful with the isolation and growing annoyance with each other. The plot of looking for 'Andre's gym' makes it one of the only bits these two did you could imagine as like a full episode of a sitcom, or a play. Terrific.

Edited by Chili

This from I think CZW gets an airing now and again

As much a wrong un both are, this is still a brilliant segment between Naitch and Jay Lethal

Another Flair moment, a match against Mitch of the Spirit Squad and he gets some help from some old rivals and friends, the pop when the Horseman theme hits for Arn gets me every time

And of course we can’t forget the single greatest, most quotable math equation in history 

58 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I'll accept that I've always been a bigger fan of Show than most but it's this for me - 

I'd completely forgotten about this, but I'm totally with you on this one. It's one of the few times a hyped return genuinely surprised me, given that they'd been running packages - including on this very Smackdown - promoting Big Show's return for a later date. I'm surprised no one has done that since, it was such a fun way to do a surprise return. 

• Paid Members

Cactus Jack's WWF debut is one of mine. The three faces of Foley interacting is just superb, and - just like the later Cactus Jack return - it's a real goosebump moment.

On top of that, every line in the three faces video is superb - my standout being 'The pinfalls in the hot dog stands! The pinfalls in the street! The chairs, the tables... it's not exactly a love thing.'

And then the match is really fun too.

• Paid Members
On 5/17/2023 at 12:20 PM, RedRooster said:

Actually, from a WWE perspective - this still gives me the chills. What a reaction. 

This is the first thing that came to mind when I saw the thread title. The amount of times I have gone back and watched this match from start to finish over the years is ridiculous. What a great bit of entertainment, the whole way through and even more so when you learn that Daniel Bryan was concussed and pretty much out on his feet. Best thing Wyatt has ever been involved in. 

• Paid Members

Scott Steiner’s return to the WWF at Survivor Series in MSG has got to be up there for me. This version is edited so there’s no “GIMME THE FUCKIN MIC” but…

After about 18 months of misfires and letdowns surrounding the Invasion thing, this felt like one of those magical moments to me that I pictured in my head when Vince announced that he’d bought WCW. I really thought he was gonna slot right into a regular and hugely successful main event run. We know how that went but on that night, it felt like something big was happening and I loved that moment. I remember really wanting to see him on Smackdown at the time mixing with the likes of Angle, Benoit, Eddie, Rey etc. Not to mention the potential monster clash with Brock. Instead we got him on Raw doing pose-offs and rotten 20 minute PPV matches with Triple H, and within months he was falling off the apron against Test in the midcard. Obviously he had his own issues and he wasn’t match fit when he came in. But that WWF run really peaked on his first night in at MSG. That night he looked and felt like the unhinged nutcase he was in the last few years of WCW. There was a feeling of unpredictability and danger there that never came across again in that run. Taz’s WWF debut at the Rumble in 2000 is another one I can watch over and over. Again at MSG. And again, all downhill after that first night. 

Another one I’ll revisit, this little clip of William Regal on commentary kills me. “Bit his eyeball out…and ate it. Unbelievable. Ate his eyeball.” 

And finally, I can only find it in gif form now but this got so many rewinds back then. WCW had stuff like Rey vs Psychosis and Juvi vs La Parka every Monday night but they never had this high flyer…

giphy-downsized.gif

• Paid Members

Paul Bearer strolling out with absolute glee to a building pop as people quickly realise what it means. JR going out of his mind. Bloody love it.

I've watched Jericho's Raw debut about 100 times too. Anything with a spine tingling pop will do it for me. 

Edited by JLM

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Chris B said:

Cactus Jack's WWF debut is one of mine.

His return in the run up to the rumble for me. What's great in both is how HHH sells it, great look of fear and outrage when he could have shit on it.

My second is the Austin Survivors series 96 promo, *I don't dance son*. For all that followed that's always what I think of when it comes to Austin.

Edited by Tommy!

• Paid Members
49 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

His return in the run up to the rumble for me. What's great in both is how HHH sells it, great look of fear and outrage when he could have shit on it.

My second is the Austin Survivors series 96 promo, *I don't dance son*. For all that followed that's always what I think of when it comes to Austin.

The 2000 return is also amazing - Foley's timing on 'I think you know him...' is great, but you're totally right. HHH's reaction is absolutely phenomenal. 

For me, the earlier one tips it though, mainly because it's funny. "Boy dude, you sure are eye candy for the chicks" makes me laugh every time.

This for me.

Spoiler

Took lionheart from babyface the fans gad gotten bored of to the much better fit of arsehole heel. From how long they play it to the instant finish it’s wrestling beyond what I thought the UK could deliver emotions wise